6.5 PRC Load Data

I have a 6.5 PRC that I will be setting up for developing a load, I am curious to hear what powder's other members have found to be the most accurate in this cartridge? I plan on using 140gr Elite Hunter for bullets, and I have H1000, H4831SC, H4831, Retumbo, N570. Also have RL26 but wanted to keep it with powder that is not temp sensitive. I am not opposed to purchasing other powder's if they are available, if it is a great combination like the 6.5 Creed with H4350 is to that cartridge. Thanks in advance.
I use N560 you get more speed with Les powder

I have a 6.5 PRC that I will be setting up for developing a load, I am curious to hear what powder's other members have found to be the most accurate in this cartridge? I plan on using 140gr Elite Hunter for bullets, and I have H1000, H4831SC, H4831, Retumbo, N570. Also have RL26 but wanted to keep it with powder that is not temp sensitive. I am not opposed to purchasing other powder's if they are available, if it is a great combination like the 6.5 Creed with H4350 is to that cartridge. Thanks in advance.
I've had extremely good luck with 142 lrab, 143 eldx , and 127 barnes with retumbo,h1000, and rl 17 all were sub moa out my Christesen arms mesa all of these seem to do best with published max loads

H1000 for 150 ABLR, Win STAB HD for 143 ELD-X. My barrel just loves velocity in the 2950-2960 fps range. I have a fast barrel though. I have to load down just to get to 2960 fps with the 150 ABLR.

I had a new 22" proof that I was breaking in for a buddy to use on a stone sheep hunt. H1000 wasnt giving me the accuracy I wanted, neither did N560. The barrel has about 100 rounds on it now and I settled on 58.3 retumbo with the 143 eldx at 2960fps.

H1000 for 150 ABLR, Win STAB HD for 143 ELD-X. My barrel just loves velocity in the 2950-2960 fps range. I have a fast barrel though. I have to load down just to get to 2960 fps with the 150 ABLR.
Did you try the Staball HD with the 150 ABLR? That's what I am fixing to do with my 6.5-284. Since the shooting world seems to have picked up and left us 6.5-284 people behind, I am left chumming with you 6.5 PRC guys for guidance.....

Anyone with a CA Mesa got any experience with 127 LRX and H4831sc? Looking for temperature stability for the mountains, maximum rage would be 700 yrds.

Did you try the Staball HD with the 150 ABLR? That's what I am fixing to do with my 6.5-284. Since the shooting world seems to have picked up and left us 6.5-284 people behind, I am left chumming with you 6.5 PRC guys for guidance.....
I did not try Staball HD with the 150 ABLR. I think my charge for the 143 was right at 60.0gr. I would start at 57.0 and work your way up in 0.3 or 0.5 increments with the 150 ABLR and Staball HD. I typically do 0.5 increments. Maybe land somewhere in the 59.0gr area. However there are so many variables from one persons rifle to the next. I can tell you in my experience with Staball HD it acts a lot like Retumbo or H1000. When I say that I mean it seems like you can just stuff the cartridge to be slightly compressed and it never shows pressure signs. The velocity however will tell a different story, so be careful.

I use this load with H1000 in my CA ELR I fat fingered the he, supposed to be gr. for grains... Shooting this group @ 2400' elevation

1726581693225.png

With a 140 Elite:
1. RL23
2. H1000
3. N565

I found N570 too slow. Full case and low velocity. N568 too.
RL26 produced great speeds, but is too temp sensitive over 84° for me to consider it for anything but a late season only round.
N560 will get good speeds, but it pretty temp sensitive too.
Why the 140s Lance? I've heard good reports from Litz's material about them. The reason for asking is our deer usually isn't real big & I think the 156 is more than needed. I bought 3 or 4 boxes of 144 LRHT's to try, but the 140's might be better. I'm thinking more speed, expansion, & energy xfer = dead drop. I'll be shooting from my reloading room for about a 325 yard shot. They are usually there, but I'll place some incentive for them. We don't usually see many big bucks, but lately I've been seeing the 2 largest bucks I've seen personally in Arkansas. Since this would be for meat I would probably get a couple of doe 's on doe days.

Why the 140s Lance? I've heard good reports from Litz's material about them. The reason for asking is our deer usually isn't real big & I think the 156 is more than needed. I bought 3 or 4 boxes of 144 LRHT's to try, but the 140's might be better. I'm thinking more speed, expansion, & energy xfer = dead drop. I'll be shooting from my reloading room for about a 325 yard shot. They are usually there, but I'll place some incentive for them. We don't usually see many big bucks, but lately I've been seeing the 2 largest bucks I've seen personally in Arkansas. Since this would be for meat I would probably get a couple of doe 's on doe days.
Main reason, that is what the OP asked about. I have a great load with the 140 Elite in mine.
I have a great load for the 156 Elite and 130 TMK too.

If your looking for speed for whitetail
Maybe the 130 Hybrid OTM Tactical.
I haven't tried them on whitetail yet but they are easy to tune.
Hope this helps.