Gun builder vs gun builder

I went to gun smithing school but for me it was a hobby as I wouldn't invest into the tooling required. Like a lathe and mill. My friend bought a used lathe and rebuilt the head stock, I can tell you the precision ground bearings are expensive. You get what you pay for. Sure you can get a cheap factory rifle that might shoot. then slowly upgrade parts but it will come close to the cost of a custom. Plus custom actions hold their value better than a Remington 700, savage or Tikka.

This is extremely interesing on pricing. How much better, or worse would a 3k gun shoot than if you built one with the mentioned parts? Like what are the expectations of each.

Our carbon fiber stocks are cnc inletted with molded in pillars, so bedding isn't required when using our action (or any true turned aftermarket 1.350" OD action). For optimal results, bedding MAY improve the performance of the rifle. We built one for a guy a few weeks back and he brought some random handloads when he came to pick up the rifle. He shot a group that measured .157" with that random ammo in our stock without bedding. So the absence of bedding is a cost saver.

The 2 tips of the carbon barrel are unpainted, again, to save cost. Also, while the muzzle is threaded, there is no muzzle device.

There is no load development with the "blue collar rifle". All of our standard custom build guns come with a target card and are guaranteed to shoot 1/2" or better at 100 yards.