Got a Donor Rifle needs some ideas!

I will have to look into BR or fclass and see what options are. Never really dabbled in them or had much interest but if them little guns can do it I don't see why a 180 berger hybrid rolling at 3k can't.
I'm sure for 99% of F and BR.,recoil, repition and expense probably come into play somewhere but mostly recoil....unless you fall into that 1% Remmy at 6'8"+ and 380 lbs

I thought about it but at this weight and this caliber it will be a hard sale. Not many people looking for a 7RM bench type single shot rig out there lol
LMAO... apparently there was 1 recently! It's a decent looking Rig...you never know and it's fairly easy to try it...you just have to advertise it!

That just isn't much advantage over the .284's. It's a marathon of absolute concentration and repeatability. That's why the smaller guns are so popular.

It may not hurt, but it will show up at 1000 yards. I get tired getting constantly smacked by far less of a gun after 2 relays. Add the heat, or the wind, or the cold or you having a bad day and it gets miserable quick.

I tend to agree. Repeatability is the game. Shooting rimfire with substandard equipment the last few years is frustrating, because it all boils down to the equipment that increases repeatability. Having large caliber experience, it's so much more challenging dealing with competitive shot strings and managing environmental factors like barrel temp, and significantly more recoil. I would stick to the most svelt cartridges that can get the job done.

Thanks for the input guys. I am a rookie at the small group distance shooting things strictly for group size. I build all my rigs simply for the fun of banging steel and continue to push distances further and further. I appreciate all your experiences and help!

974DEC95-4DF6-418A-A8EF-2E7261A2CEFD.jpeg 6F861640-3033-4DFF-9DE5-B539D2FE2D27.jpeg Hey remmy 700, I took the defiance deviant mag bolt face action I bought from you a while back and built a 300wsm. I've been shooting it in 1000 yard steel challenge matches locally and have been doing pretty decent. at 400 -800 yards it's hard to compete with the 6br variants, the dasher bra even standard brs are awsome, but at 1000 yards it's a little more even. If you want to shoot 600 yard benchrest I'd get a standard bf bolt and barrel up a 260 or more likley a dasher or bra to be real competitive, but if u want to shoot 1000 yard benchrest I'd try what you've got or a 300wsm if big stuff is your cup of tea. Ive been running a 300wsm one one build or another for years, and love them. Attached is a pic of the action I bought for you fit in a Mac stock and a 9" Krieger

View attachment 145377 View attachment 145376 Hey remmy 700, I took the defiance deviant mag bolt face action I bought from you a while back and built a 300wsm. I've been shooting it in 1000 yard steel challenge matches locally and have been doing pretty decent. at 400 -800 yards it's hard to compete with the 6br variants, the dasher bra even standard brs are awsome, but at 1000 yards it's a little more even. If you want to shoot 600 yard benchrest I'd get a standard bf bolt and barrel up a 260 or more likley a dasher or bra to be real competitive, but if u want to shoot 1000 yard benchrest I'd try what you've got or a 300wsm if big stuff is your cup of tea. Ive been running a 300wsm one one build or another for years, and love them. Attached is a pic of the action I bought for you fit in a Mac stock and a 9" Krieger
Thank u brother for your time and info, I am goin got roll with the 7 for a little bit just to **** off the 6 guys. I feel I can handle the recoil and I am sure up to the reloading challenge. Thank u man

I have had a couple very nice chats with this gentleman. Thank you very much they are always enjoyable. To say he is up to the reloading challenge is a understatement. Have a great night Remmy

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts