Go New Zealand!

Anyone hear anything else about this?

I hope the NZ firearms owners maintain non-compliance.

What governments fail to realize when they pass such laws is implementing them will likely be more costly (across multiple domains) then they planned. Especially if there is organized resistance.

Yeah, I heard today something like only 700 guns had been turned in. HAHAHA!!! Good for them! I hope this non-compliance continues.

Now, If only Americans would grow a pair, and stand up to our own tyrannical government, before we get to the NZ level of subjection, before standing up for our God-given, and Constitutionally-affirmed, rights.

Last edited:
Totally nuts if their government expects their People to just stand there and be murdered by evil men or by an evil government. To reduce the possible numbers for such happenings in this nation, the American People of 1787 wanted a series of Liberties added to the Constitution before they'd ratify it as the guidelines and guardrails for all laws to come along after the ratification. Those Liberties became the Bill of Rights. Praise God we have them. Just imagine if we didn't...

Last edited:
Totally nuts if their government expects their People to just stand there and be murdered by evil men or by an evil government. To reduce the possible numbers for such happenings in this nation, the American People of 1787 wanted a series of Liberties added to the Constitution before they'd ratify it as the guidelines for all laws to come along after the ratification. Those Liberties became the Bill of Rights. Praise God we have them. Just imagine if we didn't...
Our government totally expects it from us... And we have a 2nd Amendment and no other country on earth does. "Just dial 911..." Yeah, because the cops are always just around the corner, right? :rolleyes:

OK and the IDIOT in Dayton Ohio had a "Kill list" and a "Rape List" and had reportedly choked and threatened one girl. Kicked out of High School then allowed to return?
Really..?

Sort of like that nut at Parkland in Florida... Cops called on him 47 times, and zero arrests... They had plenty of chances to stop it before it happened.
Our laws do not allow action before any crime has been perpetrated. There is now this effort toward ERPO, but who is to say what's worthy of instituting what's an ERPO and what's not? I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that such a mechanism is too slippery a slope for the American People to allow. It's far too easy for some small law to become larger and more inclusive in which Individual Rights are violated.

ERPOs are going to be cancelled out once a case makes it to the Supreme Court for review. There is no due process for the 'accused' and that's not how things work under the Constitution (which includes the Bill of Rights.) We just haven't gotten there yet.

What I've learned is a right on paper is meaningless if people don't demand it remain their right. California is a part of America still, but the majority there is 'voting' themselves into a "gun-free" society, one legislative session at a time. So many Americans (and New Zealanders before us; and Australians before them; and the British before them) are being "sold" an easy solution of more gun control to stop the senseless shootings. So sad. Such a lie, too.

Suck up all the guns from the face of the USA...the killings will continue. Insane people don't care what tool they use to do harm. The 'terrorist' in France killed 87 people with a truck. A bunch of Saudi's killed three thousand Americans using four aircraft. 31 people in China were killed at one time in a knife attack. The killings continue (sadly). But once a right is forfeit, you won't get it back without bloodshed.

Stand strong New Zealand. You've done nothing wrong. The actions of ONE madman should not strip the rights of THOUSANDS of good men (and women.)

Our laws do not allow action before any crime has been perpetrated. There is now this effort toward ERPO, but who is to say what's worthy of instituting what's an ERPO and what's not? I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me that such a mechanism is too slippery a slope for the American People to allow. It's far too easy for some small law to become larger and more inclusive in which Individual Rights are violated.
I agree in innocent until proven guilty. And that ERPO laws are 110% unconstitutional. But there were plenty of other things that kid had done, that could have put him on the prohibited persons list, failing his background check when he went to buy a gun. He had a life-long history of therapy, mental illness, and medications that SHOULD have prevented him from buying when he turned 18. Same with the Ohio shooter. The Texas church shooter a couple years ago was never added to the prohibited persons list by the UCMJ after a "less-than-honorable" discharge from the military for mental illness, domestic violence, and abuse. And the El Paso shooter being a proud far-left antifa member should have put him on a list, too. They should have, at the very least, been marked for "needing additional screening" prior to purchase.

This is why I say we have a mental illness problem in this country.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.