Garmin Xero - update

The instructions that come with the Garmin. eg: Assuming you are shooting Rifle, "Starting a Rifle Session". The details are somewhat demure. But they are there. You can also download the instructions if you want any insight prior to purchase.
That was sarcasm, all of the navigation equipment I have worked with from Garmin required very little in the way of instructions, pretty much push this next, so simple, they are the definition of self explanatory . On the other hand the paper LR instructions were worn out, I started from page one and went through all the setup and adjustment uncountable times and when I called them they would say try to call when you are shooting............... except on weekends.......
Even arrogantly.
I am going to quit now.... So far I don't think I can say a bad word about the Xero.

That was sarcasm, all of the navigation equipment I have worked with from Garmin required very little in the way of instructions, pretty much push this next, so simple, they are the definition of self explanatory . On the other hand the paper LR instructions were worn out, I started from page one and went through all the setup and adjustment uncountable times and when I called them they would say try to call when you are shooting............... except on weekends.......
Even arrogantly.
I am going to quit now.... So far I don't think I can say a bad word about the Xero.
About the ....oops. Not good at recognizing sarcasm. Crap.

I used mine at an indoor range late last week. It had no problems picking up suppressed. 22, .223 or 300 blackout with other people shooting on both sides of me. Takes about two seconds to set up and I just throw it in my range bag when I'm done. I'm a fan!!

Are you guys running it mainly with the little tripod? Or rifle mount? Anyone have a pictanny rail mount? I haven't fully decided to switch from my v3 magneto speed with wiser off barrel mount.

Are you guys running it mainly with the little tripod? Or rifle mount? Anyone have a pictanny rail mount? I haven't fully decided to switch from my v3 magneto speed with wiser off barrel mount.
I'm running it with the tripod but I am planning on ordering the area 419 mount after the holidays though. Just set it on the bench, turn it on and go.

As discussed on this thread and in the instructions, do not mount the Xero on firearm. Garmin will not warrantee the unit if used while mounted on a firearm. What's the problem you are trying to solve that the tripod isn't adequate?

As discussed on this thread and in the instructions, do not mount the Xero on firearm. Garmin will not warrantee the unit if used while mounted on a firearm. What's the problem you are trying to solve that the tripod isn't adequate?
I find it so hilarious that every time a new electronic gizmo comes out, guys want to strap it to their rifle. 🤣

You can't stick something on your rifle, and not have it affect your shot... especially if the object in question is the size of your fist.

Electronics aren't meant to handle 300+G's unless that was designed into them from the beginning. Yet that doesn't stop all the widget shops from immediately producing mounts to help people void the warranty. Just as long as chips are being cut and money is being made, it's all good apparently.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I think for anything past 30 or 40, STDEVP is fine and even STDEV will bring you plenty close. However for the small ladder rounds of 3 to 10, you need to use STDEV, or you're lying to yourself that you truly have a normal population with a small sample size.

I've contacted Garmin about their SD miscalculation and will report back on this forum if I get a reply from them

Just asking questions. I didn't read threw the whole thread so didn't know they said that. I don't have one and was on fence about it switching over from my magnetospeed.

Just asking questions. I didn't read threw the whole thread so didn't know they said that. I don't have one and was on fence about it switching over from my magnetospeed.
That's what happens when you jump into the middle of any conversation -- you usually get it wrong. So many posters ask the same question over and over because they're too lazy or impatient to start at the beginning and read all posts. They'd rather waste everyone's time repeating things over and over. Just a friendly reminder.

That's what happens when you jump into the middle of any conversation -- you usually get it wrong. So many posters ask the same question over and over because they're too lazy or impatient to start at the beginning and read all posts. They'd rather waste everyone's time repeating things over and over. Just a friendly reminder.
Your kidding haha what is a forum for? Information and to pass on things.

My main question was if people are running with tripod or on rifle that was just a general question to see what actually users are using.

Your kidding haha what is a forum for? Information and to pass on things.

My main question was if people are running with tripod or on rifle that was just a general question to see what actually users are using.
Ya, I was kidding and pulling your chain, sort of the truth though isn't it? Many posters can't seem to read or comprehend what other posters have already written. They don't care if they waste other people's time as long as they don't waste their own time. Pretty inconsiderate based on what my parents, teachers, and supervisors taught me.