Garmin Xero Pro First Trip to the Range

Allen Kitts

Saturday was my first trip to the range with the new Garmin. To say I was pleased would be a huge understatement. That little black box is awesome. Multiple rounds with multiple calibers and not a shot missed. Even my 6.5 x 284 which does not have a break on it read every time. (Note, My LabRadar will not read this rifle with any consistency even with the sensor attached to the scope to catch the recoil) Unfortunately I did not have any suppressed rifles with me on this session but next time I will. The only downside is the unit is very small and I am getting old and can't see what it says on the **** buttons on top. For your average Joe blow shooter that wants to know what his loads are doing this little jewel is a godsend. Looking forward to then next shooting session.

Same here, love the Garmin. Sold my LabRadar awhile back as soon as I tried my Garmin the first time.

I live in CA and will travel to hunt. Feel like I can easily pack the Garmin for the next out of state hunt and confirm velocity along with zero in the hunting environment. Also, a lot of my friends who hunt don't really know the velocity of their hunting rounds and just go off what the factory box says (they don't reload). Could easily help them get a little more dialed in while checking zero for the hunt.

Saturday was my first trip to the range with the new Garmin. To say I was pleased would be a huge understatement. That little black box is awesome. Multiple rounds with multiple calibers and not a shot missed. Even my 6.5 x 284 which does not have a break on it read every time. (Note, My LabRadar will not read this rifle with any consistency even with the sensor attached to the scope to catch the recoil) Unfortunately I did not have any suppressed rifles with me on this session but next time I will. The only downside is the unit is very small and I am getting old and can't see what it says on the **** buttons on top. For your average Joe blow shooter that wants to know what his loads are doing this little jewel is a godsend. Looking forward to then next shooting session.
Yep I would agree, I used to have a Caldwell one it got broken in the move back to Colorado. The Garmin has yet to miss a shot with multiple calibers with or without brakes. It is very easy to collect my data saves a lot of time on setup.

My best WAG is that money is tight, and they are contending with what they have at the moment.
I have to admit. It is hard to keep up with technology and the Joneses.
^^^THESE^^^
I don't really care for fiddling around with my V3, but it works and I just can't justify the cost vs. convenience ratio for the Garmin……….yet. 😉

^^^THESE^^^
I don't really care for fiddling around with my V3, but it works and I just can't justify the cost vs. convenience ratio for the Garmin……….yet. 😉
Likewise! Even though I can afford it, I cannot justify the cost of replacing my LabRadar at this time. Heck, I still have my Shooting Chrony, and it still works.😇

Word when these first came out was Garmin went through their projected yearly sales on launch. Sales may have cooled off since the first launch, but I can't imagine the sales are all that bad.

Still have my Oehler 33, too.
I look at it and say....nah..
Pretty inconvenient for others at the range ; takes a long time to set up during a cease fire. And you cannot return to the bench during cease fire to align the point of aim to the sky screens.