Frozen powder?

I went and shot 150g smk 6.5cm over RE23 today drove an hour and a half in a truck that had no heat to get to the range..... It was -2°
Welcome to Colorado (weather) lol. We hunt in negative degrees annually! Gunnison valley normally -10 to -15 during second elk season powder freezes and thaws multiple times a day

Calvin45

I love how it says the most important part of your town in the 1st 3 letter......NIP!
They shoulda went ahead and spelled the rest of it as a forewarning!! NIPPLY!!!
That my friend is coooolldddd!

Attachments

• D7902314-2C35-425E-B2DA-2407F6579AD3.png
    D7902314-2C35-425E-B2DA-2407F6579AD3.png
    200 KB · Views: 52
I'm glad I read this thread. 3 days ago I moved all my powders and primers from reloading room to bedroom. The reloading room isn't heated. Moved on here last August. I keep door shut because it gets so dam cold in there. Was 45 in room . -17 outside. I wondered if getting cold them warm off and on would degrade powder and primers . It's always dry air so I figured that's a good thing. After reading this I'm moving it all back. I pretty much knew temps wouldn't affect loaded ammo so I didn't bother with it. I should of thought the same with powder. Primers I wasn't sure of. Thanks for everybody's input !
The only reason to move all that to the bedroom is irritate the wife. It will be fine. Just keep away from moisture.

The only reason to move all that to the bedroom is irritate the wife. It will be fine. Just keep away from moisture.
I've been divorced for 29 years. No need to worry. She's still one of my best friends. Sent my a Valentine's Day present box of different candy apples . Dog retrieved it. Oops ! Tried to post videos. Doesn't work .

I read somewhere that was the only way to neutralize the corrosives in their ammo when they were in the field.
yeah ammonia works to break down the mercuric chloride used in old school corrosive primers. I used to have an sks rifle for cheap blasting fun, ran a bunch of corrosive ammo no problems. There is ammonia in urine...Also in windex. I suggest the windex personally.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.