Found Primers but are they too much $$$

I needed some federal 210's for my elk hunting load and seen a guy with a reloading supply sticker on his truck. He's in the next town over and said he would email me when he found some. He did and asked me how many I wanted but then he told me the price was $20 per hundred plus $10 shipping and hazmat per 100! I politely told him no thanks but really wanted to tell him something else. lol
And for a good story. A member here sold me a couple hundred for a reasonable price and drove 45 minutes to meet me! I did promise some elk steaks if I am successful.

Last edited:
I needed some federal 210's for my elk hunting load and seen a guy with a reloading supply sticker on his truck. He's in the next town over and said he would email me when he found some. He did and asked me how many I wanted but then he told me the price was $20 per hundred plus $10 shipping and hazmat per 100! I politely told him no thanks but really wanted to tell him something else. lol
And for a good story. A member here sold me a couple hundred for a reasonable price and drove 45 minutes to meet me! I did promise some elk steaks if I am successful.
Hats off to the member who has helped you out in your time of need. It's always great to hear those stories.

In the last couple of years I've given over 50K primers, close to 100# of powder away to those in need. If you were in Hawaii I'd help you out in a heart beat. I came up with barely the clothes on my back. So I know what is like to need and not have. So if I'm in a position to help out I will.

And yes $170 is really high unfortunately if you're in a tight spot you'll have to bite the bullet. Or better yet find someone near you through these great forums n others like it. And maybe they'll be able to help out.

Aloha and Good Shooting

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
That's about what I paid for 215M's. Never used any before, but probably start using them soon.

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.
Prices won't come down, and demand will remain high.

IMG_4868.png
Here is my recent order from Mid South Shooter's Supply . These are the cheapest I have found in a long time .About .11 cents each , I shoot close to 100 rounds per year over 4 different rifles. You have to pay to play.

Hats off to the member who has helped you out in your time of need. It's always great to hear those stories.
Thanks going to @K.E.C. for coming through with the primers. Hopefully I'll be bringing you some elk steaks!

Prices probably won't come back down. If you don't buy them someone else will.
That's the sad truth about this whole business, someone else will continue to buy them! Consequently, the price will not come down to what we once had, Never. Look at every single thing that you purchase, are the prices lower or higher?? Than 1 year ago.

IMO, buy reasonable when you can. The future does not look any different to me. There is no way prices are going to drop significantly even close to what they were once before. Its like remembering good old days of fill up of gas, full service, windshields cleaned, oil checked, and got free dish set. Ain't never coming back.

I see them I buy them. I know ten years from now, I'll wish they were 10 cents a piece.
Highest I gave was 12 cents. So far…. If they were 20 cents I'd buy them. I probably have enough for 10 years but thats getting kinda low for me.
Some would call that hoarding, but they should understand, shooting is my life, I don't drink, I don't smoke. I shoot guns! It consumes my free time.
I vowed in 2015 or so ammo scare, I'd never go without again. If I don't buy them, the next guy will. If I was a race car driver, I wouldn't stop racing because my oil and gas is too high. I set myself up pretty fat when things were cheap, so now I probably buy 2-3 k a year now. Basically put back what I used.
In ten years you will not buy any ammo or reloading supplies, better get what you want now and hide it away.

That's the sad truth about this whole business, someone else will continue to buy them! Consequently, the price will not come down to what we once had, Never. Look at every single thing that you purchase, are the prices lower or higher?? Than 1 year ago.
Prices are coming down real slow on some primers that are available. The availability has been much better from what I am seeing online. Someone in this thread mentioned Republic Ammunition. So I decided to check the site out. And was pleasantly surprised they have some primers. And in bulk if you choose. Price not hateful as I saw before on other sites. I am not sure about the shipping cost & hazmat. But if you buy in bulk, it should help. When I order it's going to be a big assortment of primers. Then I am going to start HOARDING powders, bullets, brass. At least 20 years worth. Shooting at least 1,000 rds a month. Ah the heck with it. I am just going to fill my basement. So I am ready for the next drought. Then I can retire comfortably. Primers have shown to be better than stocks or precious metals. LOL