Flaring Ducks & Geese

BSPPC

Just returned from a bird hunt in SK. My shoots on decoying or pass shooting were good. When birds flare after initial shots, and they are going up and away I miss virtually 100% of the time. Birds flaring and going at angles I can hit pretty good.
How do you hit birds flaring up and straight away from you ??

Attachments

• IMG_9313.jpeg
    IMG_9313.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 12
I'm no shooting instructor but here's my take. Assuming you are shooting birds out in front of you. Birds flaring straight up I shoot above them. Going away I shoot under. This is an oversimplification but it works for me. At times I start at the tail swing through and then squeeze trigger and others it's just a timed lead and squeeze. It's just instinct lol. Spend some time at the clays range and work on those 2 targets until you get the hang of it.

I'm no shooting instructor but here's my take. Assuming you are shooting birds out in front of you. Birds flaring straight up I shoot above them. Going away I shoot under. This is an oversimplification but it works for me. At times I start at the tail swing through and then squeeze trigger and others it's just a timed lead and squeeze. It's just instinct lol. Spend some time at the clays range and work on those 2 targets until you get the hang of it.

Yes me too. Took be a bit of practice. The ones coming straight at me and going away were the hardest to hit. Practice those scenarios

Thanks

Buck