fixed butt stocks

What about using something like the McMillan TPR butt stock??? Or am I just crazy hahaha.

AR15 stock concept 2.jpg

Maybe the Traid Tactical Stock Pack would work. I use one on a Sendero stock that works well. Mine is the modular style and uses comb height spacers.

Is this kind of like what you are looking for?View attachment 94152
I have a couple of those magpuls and I like them. Also have a few standard A2's.
8024596909_b601425c2d.jpg

For the OP, if you want a cheek pad for a super extra high scope mount, Larue does make a stock riser that fits some of the magpuls - I bought one, but it was too high for comfort for my set up.

how does the BCG cycle with that much curve?
Like was stated, it has a "tail" on the BCG that is pinned and floats up & down, and when it cycles, it goes down into the pistol grip at an angle. Pretty ingenious design.

Beginning at about 4:15 into the video, you can see him pop out the BCG so you get a better idea how it works...

Maybe take a look at those VEX Wooden Ar15 stocks?
Not sure if that's what you're after but they look more like a traditional rifle stock.
If a rifle-style grip is what you want, come on over to California, we have plenty of crazy-looking rifle/AR hybrids that would make Eugene Stoner turn in his grave!
If you have the coin, there's that fancy Jesse James Califas Nomad Rifle. Talk about unique.
Anyways, if you're trying to get higher cheek placement, either a stock pad or one of those "tactical-style" adjustable stocks are pretty much the only options I know of. There isn't much market demand for a fixed stock with a fixed raised cheekpiece.
Since AR15 scope mounts are already around 1.5 inches tall, most people don't use raised cheekpieces, so there aren't many people out there willing to produce a product that has a permanently raised cheek piece. As a result, most/all of em' are adjustable, and if it's adjustable, it will probably look "tactical", which is unfortunate if you don't like that style.
But it's not all bad! I personally love my tactical looking Luth AR stock, all the adjustment I want without the Magpul PRS weight and price tag.

Last edited:
I like the look of the Magpul, but that would probably make mine no longer NJ legal. Here in the People's Republic they would consider adjustable LOP a collapsible stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.