SWFA Fixed 6x to much scope?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

I have a SWFA fixed 6x for a .300 blackout build I have. It's a RRA upper with a medium contour 16 inch 1:8 barrel and a spikes tactical lower with a giesselle trigger. Is the scope too much / too big for this build?

Not suppressed, although, that would be an eventual goal of mine. I'll be running supers for deer and hog hunting within 200 yards and steel hitting at 300.

Yes! That darn thing is way to big for your build, send it my way instead.

Ok I'll send it to you for free. Just pay shipping. I checked your zip code and shipping is a cheap $10k! :D

Only Reason is if I should swap scopes to the SWFA 1-4x and use the 6x on my rem 700 30-06. The SWFA 6x is roughly the same size as my 10x. I think they use the same scope body.

I'd probably go for the swap. I think your reasoning will probably be the same as mine due to our backgrounds. I'd consider the 300 blackout more of a duty/ hunting setup so a low powered variable makes more sense. As with all duty special focus on resetting the scope to the lowest power has to be maintained. A fixed 6X should be fine on a 30-06 unless you hunt predominately in the woods. Then another variable 1-4x or 1-6x is probably better. The only caveat is if the rifle is to be used on dangerous game. I had a rifle for caribou/ bear in 45-70 with a 1-5.5x. I trained hard for a year prior to going to Alaska. I messed up once and left it on 5.5X, one scenario missed. So I put a fixed 2.5X on it.

Ok I'll send it to you for free. Just pay shipping. I checked your zip code and shipping is a cheap $10k! :D

Only Reason is if I should swap scopes to the SWFA 1-4x and use the 6x on my rem 700 30-06. The SWFA 6x is roughly the same size as my 10x. I think they use the same scope body.
The SWFA 1-4x would probably be better for your .300 BLK. And the 6x would probably be better on your R700 .30-06.

SWFA is running a sale right now... You can get an AR mount for $20 more than the standard price of the scope... Not a bad deal.

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-ss-1-4x24-tactical-30mm-riflescope-kit-111029.html

Doesn't SWFA do a Black Friday sale every year?
Yep, a pretty big one, too. Usually I take advantage of the sale to upgrade a few of my current scopes with some higher-end stuff, but unless I sell my bass boat, or win the lottery, this year I won't be able to due to money constraints.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts