Fierce rifles?

My experience with Fierce has been fine…as far as the quality of what I ended up with.

I wanted a quality rifle in Left Hand configuration, short action not a common thing, or at least wasn't 6 years ago.

I bought a CT Edge as a barrel-less Ti action and a carbon fiber stock. Ordered thru Precision Optics in BC.

Rifle (an action) arrived with a rh stock. Waited a while and its replacement arrived with wrong configuration. Third time lucky the correct stock arrived.

Sent her off for a HCA CF barrel in 1:8 7WSM. The smith (Andy at Dragon Mountain Machine) butchered the chamber to the extent that brass would not extract or re-size ( way oversize chamber). 7WSM is one of a small number of cartridges that can never be re-chambered to anything else. So that barrel is garbage.

Second barrel went 1:8.5 HCA in 7-300WSM for quality brass availability. G. Flach in Langley did a great job including magazine mod.

It's a light weight, easy to shoot hunting rifle. Barrel is 20". It fits me perfectly and shoots about 3/4 moa.

The sako style action instils confidence, but being Ti it's not super smooth, not that that is a big deal for a hunting rifle.

If you end up with one, cut or have a smith cut a groove in the mag release so that the magazine has to be pushed in like a Sako to be released or you will lose your mag in the woods ($200CDN)

After all the shenanigans and load development I probably have $6500 Cdn into it. It took me a while to warm up to but now I love and trust that rifle.

Took a moose this September, but not really LRH worthy, as the bull walked out 90 yards down river of me and graciously died on a small island.

I won't buy another one, but I won't sell the one I have either. It's a well built, light weight corrosion-proof do-all rifle for me.
Andy is a fantastic Gun smith and did two rifles for me last year and they are flawless. He will definitely get my business again.

I had 3 Fierce from precision optics last year and one from a local store and all 4 had extraction issues and had to visit a gunsmith.
Andy repairs the Fierce for precision optics and Andy hates them. He is constantly fixing Fierce rifles.

Quality machine is far more important than most people realize
Glad you finally got what you were looking for
It sounds like andy from dragon mountain has the same craftsman ship as andy from insite arms
They botched my HCA Barrel i wanted them to chamber in 300 Norma
Same thing, sloppy oversized chamber
Had two rifles done by Andy this year and they are perfection and shoot as good as they look.

Not sure that this other guy needs to be posting Andy's name and business could've just called him the Gun Smith.
Sucks that he had a bad experience but the stuff I got from him was incredible.

Had two rifles done by Andy this year and they are perfection and shoot as good as they look.

Not sure that this other guy needs to be posting Andy's name and business could've just called him the Gun Smith.
Sucks that he had a bad experience but the stuff I got from him was incredible.
I wouldn't have been so public with the problem if the above mentioned smith hadn't repeatedly lied to my face that everything was fine and then gone radio silence when confronted with a picture of the chamber he cut with a factory round of 7wsm inserted 60% of the way in….BACKWARDS. As well as way oversize caliper reading of the chamber.

If anyone wants to get a hold of him for me, I'd love a cheque for $1700.

The one good thing he did do was recommend Zediker's book on making the best possible hand loads. Excellent book.

LGS owner has one in .308 and 6.5 creed. He loves them and says they're tack drivers. He also said that he'd never heard of any issues with them and had never had one returned. Those were all Waypoints though. They were unaware that the Boundary even existed when I went there looking for one. They ordered it, it came in within a week and he couldn't believe it when I brought it back because it wouldn't chamber a round. We'll see what happens.
I know I have seen a lot used of waypoint for sale out there and one of the gun magazines had a similar issue with the 2020 they first tried to review, I think in PRC. I believe all of their cases got stuck or something. Can't remember exactly, but I think it was a G&A article or one of those. I only get 8 or so magazines so my memory gets fuzzy.

I wouldn't have been so public with the problem if the above mentioned smith hadn't repeatedly lied to my face that everything was fine and then gone radio silence when confronted with a picture of the chamber he cut with a factory round of 7wsm inserted 60% of the way in….BACKWARDS. As well as way oversize caliper reading of the chamber.

If anyone wants to get a hold of him for me, I'd love a cheque for $1700.

The one good thing he did do was recommend Zediker's book on making the best possible hand loads. Excellent book.
That's really sucks that your experience was so bad with him. The two chambers he did for me were so perfect you can use the brass in either gun (both 30 nosler )
I'm sorry yours went the way it did.
He should have fixed his F up and taken better care of you.

G'day all,
Have a question about Fierce rifles. Noticed they are imported by the company I used to do repairs for.
What is the go with these rifles? Are they worth the $7,000AUD price tag?
My own customs, when I was building them, ran into $10,000AUD because that was the market price.
Would these rifles, at $3,000USD, be considered a custom or just a high end production rifle?
I am looking for something, not sure if I want to buy or build, maybe on a Borden.
Opinions welcomed.

Cheers.
Go with the Borden build.