Fierce rifles?

Funny that you mention the Savage Axis, I bought a Axis 2 Varmint in 22-250 from Wal-Mart that was on sale for $329.95. I put a target trigger spring in it set at 1.5 pounds. It shoots 52 grain Hammer Hunter at 3997 FPS. And just makes a bug hole group. The leupold scope that sets on it costs twice the rifles price. 😎
I know lol
I had a 223 like that
unreal
Then i dump 4k into a fierce and the barrel is hand tight

That SUCKS! Sorry to hear that. The 22CM is my second Fierce, first is a CT Rage in 7mm PRC. WITH 180gr Berger Hybrids, it's hitting steel at 700 with no issues (Zeiss V6 3-18×50). Which Fierce is the loose barrel?

the dirty truth these days is most factory rifles shoot, or have a simple issue like forend pushing on barrel because the stock is so cheap/flimsy.
the expensive rifles will shoot, are made with superior materials so I expect them to last longer and stand up to the weather better. they also should feel better when holding and cycling.
a lot of companies have abandoned the cycle smoothly and just tried to make a simple rifle look cool becau
se most people take more pictures of their rifles than their game/groups

That SUCKS! Sorry to hear that. The 22CM is my second Fierce, first is a CT Rage in 7mm PRC. WITH 180gr Berger Hybrids, it's hitting steel at 700 with no issues (Zeiss V6 3-18×50). Which Fierce is the loose barrel?
I have a 338 lapua ct edge that was super inconsistent to try and develop a load for
My 6.5x284 has been good, but it has a different trigger, differnent stock, has been bedded. Took a lot to get rid of the odd flyers i would get

What's wrong with Winchester? The Winny's never get any love.
I have quite a few and love them all.

I was looking for a near custom build without building a rifle.
It seems my only option is going to be to build it myself.
I'm thinking 33CX/37XC on a switch barrel custom Borden action.

Cheers.

I have quite a few and love them all.

I was looking for a near custom build without building a rifle.
It seems my only option is going to be to build it myself.
I'm thinking 33CX/37XC on a switch barrel custom Borden action.

Cheers.
Build what you want and what you can afford and you will love it and it will be a great rifle
when put together with a great gunsmith.

My experience with Fierce has been fine…as far as the quality of what I ended up with.

I wanted a quality rifle in Left Hand configuration, short action not a common thing, or at least wasn't 6 years ago.

I bought a CT Edge as a barrel-less Ti action and a carbon fiber stock. Ordered thru Precision Optics in BC.

Rifle (an action) arrived with a rh stock. Waited a while and its replacement arrived with wrong configuration. Third time lucky the correct stock arrived.

Sent her off for a HCA CF barrel in 1:8 7WSM. The smith (Andy at Dragon Mountain Machine) butchered the chamber to the extent that brass would not extract or re-size ( way oversize chamber). 7WSM is one of a small number of cartridges that can never be re-chambered to anything else. So that barrel is garbage.

Second barrel went 1:8.5 HCA in 7-300WSM for quality brass availability. G. Flach in Langley did a great job including magazine mod.

It's a light weight, easy to shoot hunting rifle. Barrel is 20". It fits me perfectly and shoots about 3/4 moa.

The sako style action instils confidence, but being Ti it's not super smooth, not that that is a big deal for a hunting rifle.

If you end up with one, cut or have a smith cut a groove in the mag release so that the magazine has to be pushed in like a Sako to be released or you will lose your mag in the woods ($200CDN)

After all the shenanigans and load development I probably have $6500 Cdn into it. It took me a while to warm up to but now I love and trust that rifle.

Took a moose this September, but not really LRH worthy, as the bull walked out 90 yards down river of me and graciously died on a small island.

I won't buy another one, but I won't sell the one I have either. It's a well built, light weight corrosion-proof do-all rifle for me.

My experience with Fierce has been fine…as far as the quality of what I ended up with.

I wanted a quality rifle in Left Hand configuration, short action not a common thing, or at least wasn't 6 years ago.

I bought a CT Edge as a barrel-less Ti action and a carbon fiber stock. Ordered thru Precision Optics in BC.

Rifle (an action) arrived with a rh stock. Waited a while and its replacement arrived with wrong configuration. Third time lucky the correct stock arrived.

Sent her off for a HCA CF barrel in 1:8 7WSM. The smith (Andy at Dragon Mountain Machine) butchered the chamber to the extent that brass would not extract or re-size ( way oversize chamber). 7WSM is one of a small number of cartridges that can never be re-chambered to anything else. So that barrel is garbage.

Second barrel went 1:8.5 HCA in 7-300WSM for quality brass availability. G. Flach in Langley did a great job including magazine mod.

It's a light weight, easy to shoot hunting rifle. Barrel is 20". It fits me perfectly and shoots about 3/4 moa.

The sako style action instils confidence, but being Ti it's not super smooth, not that that is a big deal for a hunting rifle.

If you end up with one, cut or have a smith cut a groove in the mag release so that the magazine has to be pushed in like a Sako to be released or you will lose your mag in the woods ($200CDN)

After all the shenanigans and load development I probably have $6500 Cdn into it. It took me a while to warm up to but now I love and trust that rifle.

Took a moose this September, but not really LRH worthy, as the bull walked out 90 yards down river of me and graciously died on a small island.

I won't buy another one, but I won't sell the one I have either. It's a well built, light weight corrosion-proof do-all rifle for me.
Quality machine is far more important than most people realize
Glad you finally got what you were looking for
It sounds like andy from dragon mountain has the same craftsman ship as andy from insite arms
They botched my HCA Barrel i wanted them to chamber in 300 Norma
Same thing, sloppy oversized chamber

G'day all,
Have a question about Fierce rifles. Noticed they are imported by the company I used to do repairs for.
What is the go with these rifles? Are they worth the $7,000AUD price tag?
My own customs, when I was building them, ran into $10,000AUD because that was the market price.
Would these rifles, at $3,000USD, be considered a custom or just a high end production rifle?
I am looking for something, not sure if I want to buy or build, maybe on a Borden.
Opinions welcomed.

Cheers.
The triggers are absolute rubbish. A very poor copy of a Sako 85. Contact surfaces left with nitrided surface, no polishing at all and excessive play in the trigger pin are just the start of my problem with them.

The triggers are absolute rubbish. A very poor copy of a Sako 85. Contact surfaces left with nitrided surface, no polishing at all and excessive play in the trigger pin are just the start of my problem with them.
Weird. Mine is awsome. No creep, breaks clean and very consistent. But then I have one of the older models made in Canada.

Springfield 2020s another one I have heard mixed reviews on. My suggestion is get a Tikka or browning x-bolt, Weatherby, if you are looking to spend 2000 or so, maybe less depending on the model. If want to shell out more go proof elevation, or gunwerks. I am probably forgetting some other good models.
LGS owner has one in .308 and 6.5 creed. He loves them and says they're tack drivers. He also said that he'd never heard of any issues with them and had never had one returned. Those were all Waypoints though. They were unaware that the Boundary even existed when I went there looking for one. They ordered it, it came in within a week and he couldn't believe it when I brought it back because it wouldn't chamber a round. We'll see what happens.

The entire Fierce line up was copy's of Sako 85's. Just recently (I believe with the introduction of the Rival have they changed that). Funny thing is, you speak to someone from Fierce and they act like they don't know what your talking about if you say their actions are a copycat of a 85. 🤷🏻‍♂️