Fierce rifles?

go with Seekins, allterra, or Sako if you want to buy off the shelf. But building on a Borden is probably the best idea. I worked on a couple of fierce that were not shooting good, and I was very disappointed by their carbon barrel( inconsistent bore diameter and not very straight)

Buy a Tikka T-3X Magnum action and Spin on, a Pre-Fit, PROOF Barrel ( Just needs, Checking Head Space ! ) in 7 PRC then buy, a Stocky's Carbon Fiber Stock and glass Bed, the Action plus, 1 1/4 inches of, the Barrels "Shank", portion (Free Float, Balance of, Barrel ).
That was, the "EASY Button" and the CHEAPER Way to Go, for My son !
He's getting, 5 shot Group's from, the Low 3's to, 1/2 MOA with, 180 gr. ELD-M's and thrown charges of, StaBall HD at, 2,987 FPS ( 24" bbl ).
And, 3/4 MOA from, 175 gr Factory Hornady, ELD-X's
Tikkas are an awesome choice. I had one and built a 7saum off of it and threw a McMillan stock on it and a x-caliber 26" steel barrel on it and it hammers 180 eldms

For those that don't know, the owner of fierce used to be at Christensen until he caught a hunting violation in his home state of Utah. He lost his hunting privilege for many years. He claims Christensen showed him the door because of that. He took a lot of their manufacturing know how with him, changed a few things in the design and started fierce. There was a lawsuit but I believe fierce won. Early on they imported their barrels from Canada, now they make their own. Which appears to be when the issues started.
None of this is remotely true.

I also have a hard time believing that someone would buy 4 bad rifles from one source before they decided to move on to a new one.

I also have a hard time believing that someone would buy 4 bad rifles from one source before they decided to move on to a new one.
I believe some of that is true, at least remotely, some of that is hearsay.
pretty sure Mogle worked for Christiansen. pretty sure he got caught taking an animal he wasn't supposed to, believe the game wardens had his trophy for quite some time because of it. the barrels out of Canada was technically true because the guns were made in Canada back in the day, at least the rifles all had Canadian import markings.
the in between drama who really knows and I hope most don't care.

I've shot a lot of his rifles over the years for clients and some have shot very well and some have gone back,
his earlier Canadian import guns on that sako action had fewer issues in my experience but he was making fewer models and rifles as well, his customer service is difficult to get help if you need it sometimes and other times had been very fast and responsive.

Listen to the fierce podcast. He literally tells the whole story. I might not have every fact correct off the top of my head but what I said is the gist.

They came out as a company that could deliver something similar to a custom rifle or a gunwerks
But for half the price
They never ever came close
From day 1 they had problems and it has never gotten better, in fact its getting worse

I've wanted a Fierce rifle for a long time but the reviews are VERY hit and miss…at best. There are just too many other options out there to roll the dice on with a $3000 rifle purchase than a Fierce. I just bought a carbon barreled Springfield 2020 Boundary in 6.5PRC and it's back at the manufacturer right now because it wouldn't chamber factory ammo or hand loads

Recent Posts