Fierce rifles?

I was turned on to Browning x-bolt by an outfitter who claimed his highest end customer(owns a large sporting goods chain) swore by them. So much so he sold all his fierce, Christensen, etc. and exclusively hunts with an x-bolt.
I haven't shot mine yet (x-bolt 2 in 7 PRC) so I can't give any kind of review

Assuming you have a budget to buy a fierce, have you considered buying a barreled action from straight jacket armory, Ryan Pierce from piercision rifles, atlus shooting supply, or any other online gunsmith? Or a semi custom tikka from unknown munitions? All would be better options than a fierce in my opinion.
I'm not USA based, so most will not export to Australia.

Cheers.

I bought one, what a mistake that was!
Their customer service is horrible. Mine wouldn't shoot, sent it back twice before they finally agreed it wasn't shooting per their guarantee.
They put a different barrel on it and sent it back.
It still didn't perform well at all so took it to my smith to check out. He bore scoped it and we found out it was reamed crooked so it would never shoot good let alone great.
I do like the rest of the rifle so will end up rebarreling it.
This gunsmith by the way builds some tack drivers and definitely knows what he is doing. I bought this rifle before I knew of this smith, his shop is about an hour from me. Needless to say I will be having him build my rifles from here out.
No more fierce anything for me, EVER!!!
Agree 100%. Still waiting on a return call…four years and counting. Garbage customer service.

Thanks to all the replies. You have given me what I needed.
I won't be dropping $7,000AUD on a rifle that is potentially junk.
So, I will build the rifle I want, as I almost always do.
Just need an action that is not gonna cost the world.

Cheers.
Buy a Tikka T-3X Magnum action and Spin on, a Pre-Fit, PROOF Barrel ( Just needs, Checking Head Space ! ) in 7 PRC then buy, a Stocky's Carbon Fiber Stock and glass Bed, the Action plus, 1 1/4 inches of, the Barrels "Shank", portion (Free Float, Balance of, Barrel ).
That was, the "EASY Button" and the CHEAPER Way to Go, for My son !
He's getting, 5 shot Group's from, the Low 3's to, 1/2 MOA with, 180 gr. ELD-M's and thrown charges of, StaBall HD at, 2,987 FPS ( 24" bbl ).
And, 3/4 MOA from, 175 gr Factory Hornady, ELD-X's

Last edited:
For those that don't know, the owner of fierce used to be at Christensen until he caught a hunting violation in his home state of Utah. He lost his hunting privilege for many years. He claims Christensen showed him the door because of that. He took a lot of their manufacturing know how with him, changed a few things in the design and started fierce. There was a lawsuit but I believe fierce won. Early on they imported their barrels from Canada, now they make their own. Which appears to be when the issues started.
Now I know the rest of the story! I was wondering why Fierce was getting bad rep?

Let me give a perhaps more detailed Fierce review. I have a fierce fury that I bought used, so keep in mind that this is based on an older, lower-end fierce.

Customer Service: not sure what experience others are talking about. I've called them half a dozen times. They either pick up, or call me back soon after. Same with e-mails, quick replies. The fact that I've needed to contact them this much is another issue. More below.

Barrels: the one I bought used was chambered crooked. They replaced the barrel, no muss no fuss. The new one had the prettiest looking lapped bore I've ever seen and came with a 1/3MOA test target. Only odd thing was, it was chambered WAY forward, like miles past SAAMI. This is a good thing if you want to shoot heavy for caliber bullets, but it's really weird from a factory gun. If they did it on purpose, They could have at least mentioned it.

Trigger: the trigger is the reason I keep this rifle. It's honestly better than any triggertech or Timney I've had.

Action: very solid. No feeding issues. Really impressive for such a lightweight action. It does have more "cock on close/open" than I'd accept from a custom rifle, so I can't call it "custom action" smooth.

BM/Mag: high quality stuff, no plastic.

Stock: I think a trade off was made in the pursuit of a sub-6lb long action rifle. The thin shell stock is fine and doesn't need to be bedded, but it won't withstand a lot of abuse either.

Build quality. Here's where it falls on its face. There's little clues that it's not a model of precision gun smithing. When they re-barreled mine, it's obvious they screwed the barrel on without bothering to clean the threads. The chamber is cut out of spec. The bolt has too much cock on close. It's like somebody took an amazing engineering design, made really great parts, then assembled them half-asleep. In my case, all the issues could be overcome with creative hand loading and a little toying around. I'm happy with mine because I didn't pay anywhere near $4k for it. If I had, I'd be ****ed. The engineering is excellent, the parts quality is great. The gunsmithing is more what I'd expect from a mass production-line rifle.

Overall it's a better gun than my out-of-the-box savage, but not nearly as good as my custom build with a CDG action.

Might look at the Bargara rifles if they import down under! Nice rifles and not Priced tooo expensive, at least here U.S.A
You mean Bergara? They are decent, but not custom. I shot the barrel out of a 6.5cm HMR, one from their first distribution in the US. I liked it. It shot .5 at best, but easily got .6-.7 moa from it with multiple bullets.

There's a long thread on Rokslide about the problems with Fierce. One fellow ordered a rifle and when it arrived, the barrel had no rifling cut into it. A smoothbore!! My opinion is not only stay away, but run away!!

Buy a Tikka T-3X Magnum action and Spin on, a Pre-Fit, PROOF Barrel ( Just needs, Checking Head Space ! ) in 7 PRC then buy, a Stocky's Carbon Fiber Stock and glass Bed, the Action plus, 1 1/4 inches of, the Barrels "Shank", portion (Free Float, Balance of, Barrel ).
That was, the "EASY Button" and the CHEAPER Way to Go, for My son !
He's getting, 5 shot Group's from, the Low 3's to, 1/2 MOA with, 180 gr. ELD-M's and thrown charges of, StaBall HD at, 2,987 FPS ( 24" bbl ).
And, 3/4 MOA from, 175 gr Factory Hornady, ELD-X's
Tikka are great