Fierce rifles?

Springfield 2020s another one I have heard mixed reviews on. My suggestion is get a Tikka or browning x-bolt, Weatherby, if you are looking to spend 2000 or so, maybe less depending on the model. If want to shell out more go proof elevation, or gunwerks. I am probably forgetting some other good models.

Springfield 2020s another one I have heard mixed reviews on. My suggestion is get a Tikka or browning x-bolt, Weatherby, if you are looking to spend 2000 or so, maybe less depending on the model. If want to shell out more go proof elevation, or gunwerks. I am probably forgetting some other good models.
What's wrong with Winchester? The Winny's never get any love.

Again.... the Seekins PH2 or element if you want light weight. They shoot! And costumer service is awesome ..... if you ever need it!
Customs are always a good option and fun but when my Seekins shoots factory at 0.375" hard to justify a custom....... but I still occasionally do!

G'day all,
Have a question about Fierce rifles. Noticed they are imported by the company I used to do repairs for.
What is the go with these rifles? Are they worth the $7,000AUD price tag?
My own customs, when I was building them, ran into $10,000AUD because that was the market price.
Would these rifles, at $3,000USD, be considered a custom or just a high end production rifle?
I am looking for something, not sure if I want to buy or build, maybe on a Borden.
Opinions welcomed.

Cheers.
G'day all,
Have a question about Fierce rifles. Noticed they are imported by the company I used to do repairs for.
My own customs, when I was building them, ran into $10,000AUD because that was the market price.
Would these rifles, at $3,000USD, be considered a custom or just a high end production rifle?
I am looking for something, not sure if I want to buy or build, maybe on a Borden.
Opinions welcomed.

Cheers.
I bought the very first Fierce that arrived here in Fairbanks and have never regretted the purchase. It has since become one of my favorite rifles, and if I could only keep one rifle my Fierce would be at the top of the list. Action is slick as butter and Accuracy is excellent, well within their ½ moa guarantee. The stock design fits me like a glove, and everyone who has shouldered it also commented how good it feels.

Interesting. I didn't know you could do pre-fit's on Tikka's. I'd give the OP a great deal on a new in box TX3 ultralight, except he's in NZ.

How do you get the factory barrels off? I'm used to savage barrels that are easy.
Taking a Tikka Barrel,. "Off",..
1) Squirt a Little Oil / Rust remover, type of, Liquid at the end of barrel Near Action, turn Barrel's Muzzle, to the Up-side ( let stand, overnight )
2) Take a Hacksaw and "Carefully" Cut a groove around the Barrels chamber Area, NEAR the Action. ( Within,. .050 to, .075 away from action ! )
3) Use, a "serious" Long Handled, Pipe Wrench, around Chamber area ( Pad to protect, the Action on the Flat sides, in your Vise ) and, Turn Barrel Off.
Probably find, a few Posts on YouTube,. on THIS !
Use your Left over, Deeply Scratched, Tikka, Bbl for, a Tomato Stake !

Last edited:
G'day all,
Opinions welcomed.

Cheers.
Buy you a seekin if you want semi custom. Or have a quality gunsmith build you what you want on borden. Next question is money what ya wanting spend. Gunwerks is great gun, a bunch great rifle builders out there, from quarter minute magnums, mcwhorter rifle , I own all 3 all shoot lights out. Also have some christensen arms ELR, And I own 1 fierce that hangs on the wall to remind me of how big a *** fierce is and the owner jon. He done nothing but lie to me, and hates for anyone to bash fierce why he started his own fierce page that way he can take negative comments down. So check around give a quality gunsmith a call, but if you want at the moment , buy a seeken I have one great gun for money and you will not beat their guarantee ! Best of luck

I got a new Fierce Reaper,7 prc, in a MTN stock, carbon fiber barrel. 10th anniverary special from a guy that wanted a load worked up for it this summer, and it has been a total pain in the butt. 300 rounds with 5 different powders and 4 different bullet combos and can't get 1 moa out of it. Its a $6500 outfit with scope and carry case. The chamber is good and the bore looks good with bore scope, but it just wont shoot. I talked to them on the phone and told them that I think it has a bad barrel and they sent me shipping label and I returned it. I bedded the action and tried different scopes and still got the same results. They said it be a month before they get to it, so he wont have it for this hunting season. I got a proof elevate 7 prc rifle from a friend to work on that was easy to get 1/2 moa in no time at all. I believe I saw that fierce uses carbon six barrels for their rifles ?? Anyone know for sure ?

They came out as a company that could deliver something similar to a custom rifle or a gunwerks
But for half the price
They never ever came close
From day 1 they had problems and it has never gotten better, in fact its getting worse
i guess the question is - do other high end rifles get in the territory of a true custom build? Fierce does seem to have high-quality components. The 1/2 MOA garuntee is nothing to shake a stick at. What they don't seem to have is custom-quality standards on their gunsmithing, but who does? When I put together my build it took a long time because I went for perfection, not just "in spec". I probably put everything together and took it apart 5 times to get it just so. Does anybody take the time to do that for you?

I get the feeling it's like factory ammo vs handloads. You can buy better ammo, but at the end of the day nobody is going to spend as much time obsessing over the details as you will yourself.

Picked up a Fierce CT Rival in 22CM second hand. So far, so good, but just starting out with it. Little disconcerting here, but I guess time will tell. With the 1:8, just loaded up some 80gr ELD-M's using Superformance.

i guess the question is - do other high end rifles get in the territory of a true custom build? Fierce does seem to have high-quality components. The 1/2 MOA garuntee is nothing to shake a stick at. What they don't seem to have is custom-quality standards on their gunsmithing, but who does? When I put together my build it took a long time because I went for perfection, not just "in spec". I probably put everything together and took it apart 5 times to get it just so. Does anybody take the time to do that for you?

I get the feeling it's like factory ammo vs handloads. You can buy better ammo, but at the end of the day nobody is going to spend as much time obsessing over the details as you will yourself.
The problem with fierce is lots of the issues are safety related or its something that makes them non functional. You don't even get that with a savage axis nevermind a high priced rifle. Not many of their rifles actually hit that guarantee either. They just send you a target that does. Their components are advertised as higher end, but they really aren't. If you bought a rifle like a sako, you would never have these problems. The one thing I will say about fierce is they will chamber new popular calibers, but you'll be lucky if the barrel has grooves

Picked up a Fierce CT Rival in 22CM second hand. So far, so good, but just starting out with it. Little disconcerting here, but I guess time will tell. With the 1:8, just loaded up some 80gr ELD-M's using Superformance.
Don't be put off by the extreme stories. While some of the stuff they do has me scratching my head, they can be really good rifles. Mine shoots 1/2MOA once I got the load figured out. It just took more work to figure it out. Dropped an elk at 450 yards with a 30mph crosswind this year. Bullet landed exactly where I wanted it. At the end of the day, that's what counts.

The problem with fierce is lots of the issues are safety related or its something that makes them non functional. You don't even get that with a savage axis nevermind a high priced rifle. Not many of their rifles actually hit that guarantee either. They just send you a target that does. Their components are advertised as higher end, but they really aren't. If you bought a rifle like a sako, you would never have these problems. The one thing I will say about fierce is they will chamber new popular calibers, but you'll be lucky if the barrel has grooves
Funny that you mention the Savage Axis, I bought a Axis 2 Varmint in 22-250 from Wal-Mart that was on sale for $329.95. I put a target trigger spring in it set at 1.5 pounds. It shoots 52 grain Hammer Hunter at 3997 FPS. And just makes a bug hole group. The leupold scope that sets on it costs twice the rifles price. 😎