Fierce rifles?

G'day all,
Have a question about Fierce rifles. Noticed they are imported by the company I used to do repairs for.
What is the go with these rifles? Are they worth the $7,000AUD price tag?
My own customs, when I was building them, ran into $10,000AUD because that was the market price.
Would these rifles, at $3,000USD, be considered a custom or just a high end production rifle?
I am looking for something, not sure if I want to buy or build, maybe on a Borden.
Opinions welcomed.

Cheers.
Might look at the Bargara rifles if they import down under! Nice rifles and not Priced tooo expensive, at least here U.S.A

The early Fierce Rifles Made in Canada were good I have a 7mm that shoots lights out,but their newer stuff seems to have alot of quality control issues and trying to get someone to answer the phone is near impossible. The only thing good these days with them is their once fired range brass they sell from testing rifles

For those that don't know, the owner of fierce used to be at Christensen until he caught a hunting violation in his home state of Utah. He lost his hunting privilege for many years. He claims Christensen showed him the door because of that. He took a lot of their manufacturing know how with him, changed a few things in the design and started fierce. There was a lawsuit but I believe fierce won. Early on they imported their barrels from Canada, now they make their own. Which appears to be when the issues started.

G'day all,
Have a question about Fierce rifles. Noticed they are imported by the company I used to do repairs for.
What is the go with these rifles? Are they worth the $7,000AUD price tag?
My own customs, when I was building them, ran into $10,000AUD because that was the market price.
Would these rifles, at $3,000USD, be considered a custom or just a high end production rifle?
I am looking for something, not sure if I want to buy or build, maybe on a Borden.
Opinions welcomed.

Cheers.
I bought a used Mountain Reeper from a poster because I needed it for a hunt and didn't have time to go custom. I developed a load for it and it's 1/2moa with 180gr hybrids in the 7PRC. My coworker has the exact rifle but in 20" barrel and he has the 195's shooting sub 1/2 moa. So far they've been great rifles.

I had good luck with a Carbon fury 300 prc. It shot 3/4 moa ( 5 shot) groups with Hornady ammo. Never loaded for it. I recently traded it for a carbon rival in 300 RUM. Fit and finish on this one is nicer.
Will advise when I start load development

I think the OP, and all watching, clearly get not to buy a Fierce, but I still want to throw my 2 cents in just because I take every opportunity to tell people to stay away from Fierce.
I bought an early Fierce Long Range fury at a deal from Cabelas. Steel barrel and shot pretty well. It came with a test target that had a three shot group that had a note that read somewhere in the 0.45". I remember thinking cool that's awesome for a hunting rig. I used the recommended ammo and it shot 1.5" at best. I measured the test target they sent just because and found it was 0.8". I found that odd. I eventually found a load that it likes and the action was super smooth. It would not eject well so had to get replacement parts from Fierce and things did not go well. Took weeks for a reply and to eventually get a replacement extractor and spring.
Went to SHOT Show one year for work and stopped to talk to the Fierce guys and the Owner was there. What a total D BAG he is. I asked about the target just because and he said the office lady measures them. Really not the guy shooting the rifle? John Mogul first said I must have measured it wrong...... so I pulled it out of my pocket and asked him to measure it..... I even went to another booth and they let me borrow one of their calipers.... after I told them why..... they said they were glad to prove that guy wrong as the industry knows how he is too. So many stories like that now. Unfortunately Christiansen Arms is following his lead those rifles don't shoot either ....some get lucky and find one. Their Customer Service sucks also.
Seekins or custom build is what I do. Seekins customer service is the best in the industry. They sent me parts no question and actually sent more than needed. It was my error that caused the issues but they took care of me. Hard part with customs at the moment is finding a barrel as the good makers are backlogged. There are sources that have them though.

The early Fierce Rifles Made in Canada were good I have a 7mm that shoots lights out,but their newer stuff seems to have alot of quality control issues and trying to get someone to answer the phone is near impossible. The only thing good these days with them is their once fired range brass they sell from testing rifles
Antler Arms in Quebec used to make Fierce. They were a great rifle. Antler still makes that same series of great rifles, and you can order direct from them. When Fierce started making their own, the quality went in the toilet. Pricing is in CDN dollars, so multiply by .73 to get U.S. dollar cost. $1000 Canadian is 730 U.S.

Assuming you have a budget to buy a fierce, have you considered buying a barreled action from straight jacket armory, Ryan Pierce from piercision rifles, atlus shooting supply, or any other online gunsmith? Or a semi custom tikka from unknown munitions? All would be better options than a fierce in my opinion.

ive owned a few and you either get a good one, or one that is garbage
The idea behind the fierce rifles and their price points have fooled a lot of people
Its like buying a gunwerks rifle from wish
The quality is not there
Barrels are inconsistent
Actions arent smooth
Stocks delaminate
Machine work is sub par
Triggers have been recalled

There no reason why these rifles should be this bad for this much money

Recent Posts