Favorite deer caliber and gun

my marlin 35 back in the ny timber. killed alot of deer with that gun. Out here in az where i live now win model 70 7mm mag. did a nice job on a couses at 250 yds last year.

My favorite caliber for deer is a 25-06. It is a flat-shooting, hard-hitting caliber and with the right bullet, it is accurate as well. My brother hand loads a 110gr Nosler Accubond that works really well in my Remington ADL model. Although my Remington is not a bad rifle (just a bit heavy), my favorite rifle is a Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker. I have one in a 300 win mag that is a real pleasure to carry and shoot. One day, I may replace the Remington with one.

Last edited:
Depends on where I'm hunting but my go to rifle for several years now is a Model 70 Supergrade in 270wsm. Put a McMillan stock and more recently a Nightforce 10x variable with the HV reticle that's quick, good in low light and, nuts on out to 600 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.