• 6.5-47 Lapaua

Votes: 51 8.1%
  • 6.5-06

Votes: 48 7.6%
  • Other

Votes: 201 32.0%

• Total voters
Thanks for the link
I checked it out.. looks good. I' ve been a big fan of moly but haven't been able to find mine. I have been meaning to order some but I think I'll order this instead. I've got a bunch of bullets to coat
. It must help keep the temp of the barrel down like moly does. Does it help with cleaning the bore?
I haven't been shooting my Creed much as I don't want to wear it out any sooner than necessary.

I used Molybdenum before I used HBN. All of the coatings help. Remember that Lazeroni and Barnes also had coatings. Olin (Winchester) also has the "Combined Technology" coating. I believe all of them are good. David Tubb has tested and he likes HBN better as well.

View what Norma says about bullet coatings and barrel wear:

Barrel wear - Norma

diamondpipor.jpg

I clean when it seems accuracy has deteriorated or 500 rounds whichever comes first ha ha...no we hunters really wear our barrels out cleaning...same with breakin techs...Ross Seyfried wrote some great articles on his journey thru all this...great reads if you can google them.

I have a Mauser kimber 6.5x55mm sport. the bolt is the Mauser the barrel is kimber.. I went and did a few upgrades thanks to guys at midway USA they set me up to get the most out of that gun

OK. I originally got into moly coating to reduce pressure and gain speed I was trying to get 2500 fps with a 400 gr X bullet out of my 458 .
Then I noticed how much cooler the barrel was. Too bad I had already eroded the throat quite a bit. The moly helped me get 2900 fps with the 300 gr TSX in the 416 Rem. I was thinking of trying the 142 gr Sierra's that come moly coated, but I'll try this Tubb product first. It would be real nice if it doesn't wear off in my pocket too :D

THE BEST.......

Wow, thats hard to say, 6.5-284 is very hard to argue against.

I love the 6.5mm WSM.

But if I were building myself a 6.5mm, I guess it would likely be the 6.5mm Allen Magnum. Just my nature, hard to pass on the shear performance of a 142 gr SMK loaded to nearly 3600 fps!!! I may be a bit bias however....:D

It certainly is not the most popular 6.5mm chambering I build rifles in so I am sure its not the BEST ALL AROUND 6.5mm but I tend to lean toward the specialty choices....

Hey you guys with your fire breathing 6.5 dragons are in a different zone than most, but we have afew down here with the same itch. :D
Not my cup a tea but my 2nd choice would have to be the 6.5 saum which I think is a beautiful case design and although not as quick as the wsm it feeds better and does all I'd ever want in a 6.5 :cool:
Only 2 more weeks and the our southern hemisphere stag rut begins, can't wait.
Might have to leave the 260 behind and take the 9.3 x62 out for hunt.:)

regards Steve.

p.s. any of you coming down under?:rolleyes:

Recent Posts