Everyone needs to see this

No joke! The guy that makes the rifle said it only takes 85k psi for that cap to shear the threads, that is in no way even close to a reasonable safety factor. Glad Scott is ok!
Proof loads are 25% over saami pressure so a proof load for a 55000 psi cartridge is 68750psi-- this must be fired 2x with no metal distortion to pass safety testing so 85000 psi would well exceed industry standards (would be about 50% over saami)

Last edited:
That load had to be well over 100,000 psi to create that much carnage, and I mean "well over"

Dean

Proof loads are 25% over saami pressure so a proof load for a 55000 psi cartridge is 68750psi-- this must be fired 2x with no metal distortion to pass safety testing so 85000 psi would well exceed industry standards (would be about 50% over saami)

Man that seems low. Hornady has some psi's listed at 60k+ (IIRC). Rather a short leap to 68k.

I've watched his video multiple times over the past couple of days. If you slow it down to .25 speed, you can really see what happens during the explosion. He's one tough SOB and I sure am glad he's ok. As a father I can't imagine what his Dad went through during all of this. Thank God he was there, definitely saved his son's life.

Although I'm guilty of this myself, you should NEVER shoot alone.

A benchrest shooter that I met at a few shooting clubs appeared one day with a crazy mirror contraption on his rifle and a pirates patch over his eye. He told me that he used a brass rod to tap a stuck case from the chamber and totally forget to remove it before he settled in for the next shot. The gun blew out right into his face. He sustained serious injuries including the loss of his eye. He was ALONE at the club at the time and, according to him, it was noting short of a miracle that he was able to get away from the range and find help.

Helpful tip - with an IPHONE, if you hit the power button 5x in a row, or hold the power button and a volume button at the same time, the phone will dial 911 even if its locked.
Always carry a cell phone. Where I shoot we are lucky to be within 5 mi of a paramedic and they have a key to the club and the local sheriff also has one we have been lucky no one has ever been hurt on our range. But a nearby range had a member shot him self in the hip you guessed it he was doing the fast draw didn't kill him but it was bad. Another range the ISRA state range during a service rifle match non- firing prep period a percipient loaded a round and pow this could have been devastating but luckily the only injury was the shooters pride when he was asked to remove his gear from the range. None of us plan accidents but they happen be safe guys and shoot away

Although I'm guilty of this myself, you should NEVER shoot alone.

A benchrest shooter that I met at a few shooting clubs appeared one day with a crazy mirror contraption on his rifle and a pirates patch over his eye. He told me that he used a brass rod to tap a stuck case from the chamber and totally forget to remove it before he settled in for the next shot. The gun blew out right into his face. He sustained serious injuries including the loss of his eye. He was ALONE at the club at the time and, according to him, it was noting short of a miracle that he was able to get away from the range and find help.

Helpful tip - with an IPHONE, if you hit the power button 5x in a row, or hold the power button and a volume button at the same time, the phone will dial 911 even if its locked.
Did not know that about the IPHONE. Will teach that to my lil niece. All children should know this. A prepper tip any phone even without a working service plan will still call 911 as long as it is changed. You can keep one in your safe place on a charger for emergency use.

THANK YOU FOR THE IPHONE TIP!!

Recent Posts