ELR rimfire. Got out to 1004 yds again today.

I knew that from TiborasaurusRex's Reviews.
😎 👍

Pretty Awesome!!!! I have 80 moa in the rings, plus the elevation in the 24x Leupold Target scope, on my Rem 40X .22 LR single shot, but have NO clue how far our I can take it, because I don't have a proper ballistic program for ELR.
Need around 385 to get to 1000

Would have to know total adjustment in the scope and rings and zero range to tell you, plus what ammo you were using and velocity from your gun.

Was there not a company showing some high bc 22lr ammo at the last shot show? I wonder how they would perform? I understand they would require a special twist rate. Aguila with its 60gr sniper subsonic were onto something when they launch them 20years ago. The problem was the inconsistency of the ammunition speed.

I thought about loading my own 22lr. You can buy primed brass. Then you could load the 22 hornet bullets that are 223. I would think a nice jacketed bullet with weighed powder charges would shoot better.
Shep

You could adjust seating depth and powder charges too. You could time just like a centerfire. The load to the gun not the gun to the load.
Shep

How closely can you measure your powder. With a charge weight of 1.5 to 1.8 grains, a 0.1 grain variation is more than 6% for a 22lr versus 0.2% for something like a .308

Sartorius. I don't have one but that would do it. I'm getting the A and D for my setup. It has enough resolution to do regular powder but the sartorius has more resolution.
Shep

Imagine if big players like Sierra or Berger were starting to manufacture hi bc bullets for 22lr and and we were starting to reload our own. That would be fun. Useless but fun.

Imagine if big players like Sierra or Berger were starting to manufacture hi bc bullets for 22lr and and we were starting to reload our own. That would be fun. Useless but fun.
Cutting edge is in the process of coming out with turned solid 22lr ELR ammo and reloading kits specifically for it.

Was there not a company showing some high bc 22lr ammo at the last shot show? I wonder how they would perform? I understand they would require a special twist rate. Aguila with its 60gr sniper subsonic were onto something when they launch them 20years ago. The problem was the inconsistency of the ammunition speed.
Cutting edge is coming out with some that will require a tighter twist and some that will function from a standard twist for ELR 22 stuff

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.