Eastern NC black bear hunting

RBlevins

Does any one have experience with bear hunting eastern Nc? I'd like to give it a go but have heard it's just about impossible on public land

Does any one have experience with bear hunting eastern Nc? I'd like to give it a go but have heard it's just about impossible on public land
Mike Noles of Conman's Guide Service
As good as they come in eastern NC.
https://conmans.homestead.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Conmans-Hunting-Guide-Service-Vacation-Cottages-269365576449799/

My farm is in close proximity to where Mike guides. Here is a link to pictures of some of the bears we take.
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/recommendation-for-black-bear.192334/#post-1348411

My exwife was living in Everetts while going to school out that way. I used to see several bears while making the drive out there. I never really thought about hunting in that area.

I'm from NC and have been bear hunting in eastern NC for years. It's not impossible but it will be tough on public land.

My dad and I do a father and son hunt on public land each year in Bertie Co. We usually sit all day in our stands and I think I've only seen one bear over the last 6 years of hunting gamelands.

I would highly suggest looking at Hyde, Dare, Pamlico, or Craven Counties as the bear population will be higher.

If you want a better chance I would look at some reputable guides. There's a lot of small guys that have figured out they can take peoples money over the last few years. Dare to Hyde owns a lot of land and have large bear.

If you want an even better shot and you are ok with it, hunting with hounds gives you a good chance.

Bear.jpg
I got this pic today. One of my work partners got it while checking a truck scale and hopper system down in Pantego, N.C. (Beaufort Co.). I don't know who killed it but supposedly it weighs 760lbs. Sorry I don't have more specifics on it.

Been tracking a bear for sometime now, somebody found him before I did. They shot him way up high on a rock outcropping and just left it there. Completely illegal (Ca.). Well back to the drawing board

Been tracking a bear for sometime now, somebody found him before I did. They shot him way up high on a rock outcropping and just left it there. Completely illegal (Ca.). Well back to the drawing board
Man, that ****es me off!! If you're going to kill one of God's creations, at least have the gumption to find it and carry it out.

Last edited:
View attachment 159320 I got this pic today. One of my work partners got it while checking a truck scale and hopper system down in Pantego, N.C. (Beaufort Co.). I don't know who killed it but supposedly it weighs 760lbs. Sorry I don't have more specifics on it.
That's a hoss. I drive through Pantego going to my camp, and have seen bears in the fields during the day, there's a lot of em there

I live in Eastern NC and can't find a place to hunt bear. Wish I did have a place to go. If there was a club that had plenty of bear, I would consider joining, but I just can't do the deer/dog hunts. I prefer still hunting. Bear with dogs is a different animal and I could handle that , but running up and down the road , seeing people yell on the CB's and jump out in the first turn in the road to shoot at a deer crossing the road, not for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts