Does this tell me anything. . . .

Straight Shooter

I know it is a very small sample. However, does it tell me anything other that in my old age I am not a very good shot. This is with my 6creed. Normally a 1/2 at 100 yards. So, I am good at 100 but my 300 yard target is terrible. I was not adjusting for wind, just shooting for group. And that is about the right wind drift for the day. But the 4 inch plus group is terrible.
1000002118.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002119.jpg
    1000002119.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 27
Tell us more about your set-up. Did you change locations/benches from one range to the next? Your group dispersion tends to be horizontal at 100 yards and complete vertical at 300 (and far less than your 100 yard group suggests it should be in the horizontal plane). Pure math from the 4.5" group at 300 would suggest a 1.5" group at 100 yards.

Did you use the same set-up, i.e. bags, front rest/bipod? Were you just as stable? Could you see the target clearly? Parallax adjusted properly? Did you go back and verify at 100 yards to see if something shifted? Just need more info to better assist you.

Did move to a different bench. Shooting off of a tripod adjustable front rest off of a concrete bench. I know I didn't give a lot of info I just wondered why the vertical stringing could possibly be happening.

Anytime you can draw a straight line/connect the dots on a group, that is the shooter and not the rig. The rig would have put them in the same hole, while the shooter was unable due to various reasons.

Vertical stringing is most likely rear bag/stock placement irregularity and/or/in combination with cheek weld pressure. Simply speaking, push gun down in back differently between shots and the barrel is moved up or down too.

Horizontal stringing is mainly due to inconsistent placement of the stock "in the pocket" and the consistency of muscle use, and the degree of inconsistent orientation of shoulders square to target

I am slightly relieved to see stringing, because that shows I wasn't in my mojo that session. If the rounds are all over the show, then that's the rig, and there is a-lot to consider with that investigation.

It could a multitude of things....shooter/set up/conditions/load/scope. Your 100yrd load already shows vertical.