Does Berger Make Jump Irrelevant?

After I figure out my powder I always mess with seating to see what can happen. Here's an example
IMG_4412.jpeg

1/2" squares. Now if you put all 15 shots together it's still under 1/2" center to center POI even though seating depths vary. But the last group is pretty good on its own.

I thought seating depth was only critical for peak pressures and accuracy
when nearing the lands.
I believe that optimum seating is an abstract, unpredictable, and changing with different chambers even with same bullets.
The reason, I believe, is because seating directly causes 4 changes at once.
This is much like primer testing (another important abstract).

First I think coarse optimum seating is about matching optimum bullet-bore interface.
Second, fine barrel time
Third, pressure (also affecting time)
Fourth, neck tension (also affecting pressure and time)

Nodes that we TUNE are powder node (optimum burn), barrel node (exit timing), and system (weight/balance/rest/etc).
Prerequisites to tuning are case stability, primer/striking, and coarse seating.

As you depend on ever closer land relationships (raising starting pressure), you're accepting more sensitivity to that.
So the folks who choose to be against lands see loads collapse with erosion, and they chase lands.
The rest of us never need to chase lands.
There are some cartridges that highly reward high starting pressures. Usually small underbores.
Most hunting capacity cartridges do not need it, nor benefit from it in the long run.