Discussion about bullets, tumbling and expanding

So true, I've killed so many deer with Core Lok bullets. All shots within 200 yards. It was all I could buy then.
I had a Ruger M77 270 with the tang safety and a Kahles straight 8 x 56 scope that shot 130 corelokts very well. I killed around 300 deer with that rifle & bullet combo from 0 - 440 yards. Almost all shoulder shots. I wish I still had that rifle. I do still have the scope. Bought it new in 1989 for $389.00

At reasonable velocity they work from EVERY angle.
Even the less preferred.
1 bullet that I wish was more available today is the Hornady interbond. I used to use their light magnum line with 130 interbonds at 3215 and that was a very good bullet. Just seems like they are rare to non existent now.

I've never had a hunting bullet tumble but had them blow up on impact. I'm a meat hunter so I am always looking at bullets that don't ruin a bunch of meat by spewing fragments of bullet all over inside, and/or puncture the stomach or intestines: seen that way too often.
I am careful about my bullet placement and really appreciate bullets that punch through and animal when I place it correctly, and if I am off a little bit, are hard enough to break through bone to reach the vitals.
My brother changed bullet brand he'd used for several years after having to track and shoot a big muley 2 more times after the bullet blew up from hitting the shoulder blade and failed to get to the vitals.

I have convinced several family members and their friends, who come out to the family farm with exclusively LR rifles that the 7.62N bolt gun that I have in the hunting shack, is the go to rifle should something pop out at short range, shack doubles as the blind and shooting shack, 1500 meters, with food plot and back stops, no point in vaporizing Mr. Deer with a bullet that really shouldn't even be considered at less than 600.

I am sitting out there with my Sharps in 45 - 90 with a 540 PP bullet and a compressed load of BP and 300 yds or less, I'm good, but my 300 win mag is there too loaded up with 190 ABLR at 3000 fps should a really big bodied deer step out at range beyond what the sharps or the other rifle can reach, and I am sitting on several cull tags this year, so we shall see.

I have convinced several family members and their friends, who come out to the family farm with exclusively LR rifles that the 7.62N bolt gun that I have in the hunting shack, is the go to rifle should something pop out at short range, shack doubles as the blind and shooting shack, 1500 meters, with food plot and back stops, no point in vaporizing Mr. Deer with a bullet that really shouldn't even be considered at less than 600.

I am sitting out there with my Sharps in 45 - 90 with a 540 PP bullet and a compressed load of BP and 300 yds or less, I'm good, but my 300 win mag is there too loaded up with 190 ABLR at 3000 fps should a really big bodied deer step out at range beyond what the sharps or the other rifle can reach, and I am sitting on several cull tags this year, so we shall see.
Y'all need to capitalize on the market for "tactical wheelbarrows"

Wheelbarrows meant just for hauling a full battery of assorted rifles around while hunting! 🤣

You know I had an family friend who worked in the Justice department who actually investigated someone who made posts about "tactical wheel barrels and hyper velocity zinc bullets" I think he went by the handle of " Gun Kidd" or something like that a convicted felon.

Shack, is a misnomer, more like cottage 12x24 , cook stove wood stove sleeping loft, shooting bench reloading station, kitchen...and a 1500 meter rifle range, that also has food plots planted here and there along it's length.
We do well hunting here, haven't hunted off the property in 30 yrs and we are not a small concern and if you leave empty handed you are picky.

You know I had an family friend who worked in the Justice department who actually investigated someone who made posts about "tactical wheel barrels and hyper velocity zinc bullets" I think he went by the handle of " Gun Kidd" or something like that a convicted felon.

It wasn't me!!!! I haven't been convicted of anything yet!🤣

Aren't the interbonds discontinued? Or is that just another rumor
You're likely right. I didn't think about that but even when they were in production years ago they weren't very plentiful. They were an awesome bullet if you liked a two times caliber sized mushroom that held a high percentage of its weight. I'd venture to say I would take it over todays eldx even though the eldx has a high BC.