Desire to build a 300 RUM

Not to play "politics" and agree with everyone; however, I do. Both REM 700 and Defiance actions are great options. Personally, I might go with the Defiance action if you are loading long projectiles. I have an older (early 2000's vintage) Remington 700 Sendero stainless fluted chambered in 300 Rum with a custom break added and it is a real shooter. I think Remington quit making that gun some years ago; however mine is a tact driver. I used to hunt whitetails with it on pipelines in Northwest Louisiana where I could see and shoot a very long ways; however, 300 RUM is a little much for whitetails and I don't hunt where I can see extreme distances anymore, so I stopped using it. When I was using it my loads were: 165gr Nosler Accubond; Remington brass (back when you could find the big bags of brass); CCI 250 LR mag primers; 110.2 grs of H870 (I still have about 10lbs of this powder) at 3,400+ fps. I could consistently shoot 1/2" to 5/8" with this load—which was plenty good for whitetail hunting. Funny thing about this gun is is liked hot loads and shot them well. Had I wanted to use 200gr plus projectiles, I'm not sure if I could have done this with the stock Remington 700 Sendero box magazine length, so for this reason I say you might want to go with the Defiance action. Although I don't shoot my 300 RUM much anymore, I'm really glad I hung on to this gun because it's a real shooter and I want to use it on an elk hunt one day (plus it was an anniversary present from my wife). Ok, I'm finished rambling now. Thanks guys

What total rifle weights are guys running with these 230/245gr loads at 3000ish fps?

Planning out a build and trying to find a sweet spot for back country weight and managable recoil

IMG_5808.jpeg