Desire to build a 300 RUM

Not to play "politics" and agree with everyone; however, I do. Both REM 700 and Defiance actions are great options. Personally, I might go with the Defiance action if you are loading long projectiles. I have an older (early 2000's vintage) Remington 700 Sendero stainless fluted chambered in 300 Rum with a custom break added and it is a real shooter. I think Remington quit making that gun some years ago; however mine is a tact driver. I used to hunt whitetails with it on pipelines in Northwest Louisiana where I could see and shoot a very long ways; however, 300 RUM is a little much for whitetails and I don't hunt where I can see extreme distances anymore, so I stopped using it. When I was using it my loads were: 165gr Nosler Accubond; Remington brass (back when you could find the big bags of brass); CCI 250 LR mag primers; 110.2 grs of H870 (I still have about 10lbs of this powder) at 3,400+ fps. I could consistently shoot 1/2" to 5/8" with this load—which was plenty good for whitetail hunting. Funny thing about this gun is is liked hot loads and shot them well. Had I wanted to use 200gr plus projectiles, I'm not sure if I could have done this with the stock Remington 700 Sendero box magazine length, so for this reason I say you might want to go with the Defiance action. Although I don't shoot my 300 RUM much anymore, I'm really glad I hung on to this gun because it's a real shooter and I want to use it on an elk hunt one day (plus it was an anniversary present from my wife). Ok, I'm finished rambling now. Thanks guys