Delayed Status

@FEENIX what has been your route to success?
Unlike lucky duck @FEENIX. First paper one took 13mo. Brother in law e filed and 9mo. Last ones for me e file almost to the day 8mo.
My first two were via paper (trust) application, and the last was an e-file. I do not have any secret to success. I was in no hurry and had no quick turn-around expectations. I was on it for the long haul but got them quicker than most; I do not know if it has something to do with them all being made in Montana - two Eliteirons and a Rex Selentium. I figure if I want one, I need to be willing and able to endure the wait.

Last edited:
Took16 months to get mine cut loose. They lost my passport photos and I had to do that again. Additional expenses. Time for states to stand up and declare any suppressor bought that was made in that state is legal. Up the feds butt. Maybe Trump will kill it this time.
Don't count on Trump for this...... He lost me as a voter when he did the Bump Stock deal.....Jus sayin.......

First, I would question whether the delayed status is handled the same as a 4473, where you're granted approved status after a certain number of days.

If you've submitted two sets of paperwork on the same serial number though, that is certain to raise a red flag though.

My most recent suppressor took 13 months with e-file. I'd assume that speaks to their backlog

Lastly, an ffl that doesn't have time to dig into something like this for a paying customer, does not deserve your business in the future. Sorry you're in that situation.
I got my stamp money back from the first attempt before I submitted it again.

Not trying to defend the FFL, but I was using him just to do the transfer. I purchased the can on gunbroker.

That sucks and determining if its a false hit isn't difficult.... I bought 2 last year through a shop with a kiosk, no issues around 8 months for both. I'd move to a shop that that works direct. I wouldn't trust paper at this day and age unfortunately.
When I started the process there wasn't an electronic option. I tried to go with the dealer that did the stuff with Silencer Shop, but they didn't do any transfers unless the can was bought at silencer shop. If it gets denied this time, I will have it transferred to a different dealer and see if that fixes the problem.

The first two I bought through silencer shop took about 10 months, with no issues.

Not bashing. If something is and was working I seldom change processes. There are times anomalies happen so a year is within reality. The other information you have shared absolutely makes me believe the issue is with your last dealer.
I'm really starting to think it's the dealer, he has done something to **** the ATF off and I am having to suffer for it and he won't tell me what it is. If it gets denied this time, I'll transfer it to another dealer.

Firstce-file can with a Trust took just over 12 mos. The next can (also using e-file kiosk) was denied after 8 mos. because Silencer Shop attached the wrong Trust to the application. No recourse to them, so just had to refile. I did another e-file on the denied can, along with another e-file for another can back in July 2023. Just got approved for the third can - took 7 months. The second can is still in limbo. There is no rhyme or reason to the waiting game

I worked inside the Government. High security clearance, all that stuff that's involved. Had five FBI background investigations done as I moved from job to job. Now if anyone should have slid quickly through to system it should have been me. The investigation was so thorough on the first one they spoke to my third grade teacher. First grade teacher was dead.

Last edited: