Delayed Status

idcwby

Called, waited on hold for a hour, and checked on the status of a can that I submitted paperwork for over a year ago. Was told it is in Delayed Status, waiting on the NICS to come back. Has anyone ever got this answer?

Dealer is no help. He blamed it on the FBI and ATF fighting with each other.

I've bought two other cans through silencer shop before doing this one with no problems. This one was submitted paper, so I'm wondering if that is the issue because this is the second time I've submitted it. The first time, they lost some of the paperwork and by the time I was able to get replacements to them, they denied it. I'm starting to wonder if they don't like my dealer.

First, I would question whether the delayed status is handled the same as a 4473, where you're granted approved status after a certain number of days.

If you've submitted two sets of paperwork on the same serial number though, that is certain to raise a red flag though.

My most recent suppressor took 13 months with e-file. I'd assume that speaks to their backlog

Lastly, an ffl that doesn't have time to dig into something like this for a paying customer, does not deserve your business in the future. Sorry you're in that situation.

That sucks and determining if its a false hit isn't difficult.... I bought 2 last year through a shop with a kiosk, no issues around 8 months for both. I'd move to a shop that that works direct. I wouldn't trust paper at this day and age unfortunately.

Dealer is no help. He blamed it on the FBI and ATF fighting with each other.

I've bought two other cans through silencer shop before doing this one with no problems. This one was submitted paper, so I'm wondering if that is the issue because this is the second time I've submitted it. The first time, they lost some of the paperwork and by the time I was able to get replacements to them, they denied it. I'm starting to wonder if they don't like my dealer.
Not bashing. If something is and was working I seldom change processes. There are times anomalies happen so a year is within reality. The other information you have shared absolutely makes me believe the issue is with your last dealer.

Recent Posts