Delayed Status

Is there anywhere to check on-line to the status, or do you have to call?

If calling what all information do you need?

When I'm on the eforms website, I can't seem to find anything.

Little concerned as I get short delays on EVERY firearms purchase. Gov't employee with a security clearance and also have a UPIN with a very uncommon last name.
IMG_6264.png

Got the info from the dealer, waited 20 minutes and finally left a VM. (ARGH)

Also see, my UPIN wasn't on my application

Upsetting to hear that some people are getting cleared in a week or two and there's no rhyme or reason for others still waiting.

Got the info from the dealer, waited 20 minutes and finally left a VM. (ARGH)

Also see, my UPIN wasn't on my application

Upsetting to hear that some people are getting cleared in a week or two and there's no rhyme or reason for others still waiting.
well its partly on the customer too. hopefully it wasnt your fault for the upin missing on your application.
if you ever get delayed, you should apply for a upin
a delay usually means someone with the same or similar name/ssn has a felony or a mark on their record. not always but usually.
used to sell guns at dicks. my specific store would not even transfer the gun after the 3 days. however long you were nics delayed, that gun stayed in our stock room.
most were approved but we did have a couple that were eventually denied.

Last edited:
I still get short delays with the UPIN

Have been told the reason why is because I have a security clearance. If government software even remotely communicated with itself it would be fairly easy to see why, but apparently it only shows that someone has looked fairly deep into your background and doesn't necessarily show why.

I'm in the same boat . I'm in a nics delay 😒 everyone is pointing fingers and no real answer. There is a customer service # for the fbi nics check . The first time I called the lady said we don't do that call the nfa which said call your dealer who said call silencerco as it's processed thru there kiosk. Then back to the fbi nics line and got a guy and he said they have no time line to process these and get to them when they can . He did run my Info thru the check and said idk what's holding it up and most are cleared up and processed. But there's no time table . I to have bought suppressors already and have a ccw so it shouldn't be a problem just a big headache 🙃

Contact your congressional rep. Part of their job is to help constituents deal with federal agencies. Give them all your info including the control number for your form. They'll likely send you a form to fill out granting them permission to view your tax info. The ATF and FBI will likely tell them it's delayed, but there's a decent chance it'll get the ball moving again.
What does paying your taxes have to do with acquiring a silencer ? Are they using it to deny a person their constitutional right ?

Contact your congressional rep. Part of their job is to help constituents deal with federal agencies. Give them all your info including the control number for your form. They'll likely send you a form to fill out granting them permission to view your tax info. The ATF and FBI will likely tell them it's delayed, but there's a decent chance it'll get the ball moving again.
I contacted my congressman and had approval in three days.