Cutting Edge Bullets terminal performance?

EXPRESS

I'm planning switching to the Cutting Edge bullets for all my shooting, but there isn't a lot of recent user reports about their terminal performance on game. I'm satisfied they are going to be accurate, but I'm just not all that convinced by the "separating petals" design. Does it work the way they say it does?

It's the .338 225gn (out of a win mag) Lazer or MTH and the 6.5mm 130gn MTH that I'm interested in.

The Lazers supposedly have a little better terminal performance due to the tip, but the 6.5mm bullets are not offered with a tip.

I'm planning switching to the Cutting Edge bullets for all my shooting, but there isn't a lot of recent user reports about their terminal performance on game. I'm satisfied they are going to be accurate, but I'm just not all that convinced by the "separating petals" design. Does it work the way they say it does?

It's the .338 225gn (out of a win mag) Lazer or MTH and the 6.5mm 130gn MTH that I'm interested in.

The Lazers supposedly have a little better terminal performance due to the tip, but the 6.5mm bullets are not offered with a tip.

At nearly $100 for a box of 50 projectiles, I don't see much demand for them anyway, unless you have a specialty project and that's your only option...

I've got no problem paying Seventy Bucks for a box of hunting bullets. For target or practice ammo, no it's not what i'd be willing to pay.

t

I've ran through nearly 400 of the 6.5 140gr MTH and I have a love/hate relationship with them, accuracy is incredible, speed is great, fowling non existent but terminal performance is a consistent 3/4 inch hole through anything you shoot which I've had little issues with except you get zero collateral damage, had bullets travel 1/2 inch away from major arteries and not damage them.
I've shot some of the 338 cal and while very accurate they just won't come close to ballistic and terminal performance of the Berger so no on game time. I have not shot the tipped line yet but I'm going to when I built my next 375. If I shoot copper though I go with CE's, the BC are optimistic but your not going to do better in the copper world!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.