Customer service, good and bad!

Thought they took it back and awakes barrels?

Sent back to Beretta. Sounds like nothing was done except to state it was 1/8 twist. Sent to customer who confirmed it was indeed not 1/8. I do not see indication that Beretta rebarreled.

After conversation with Scheel's it was taken back at Scheel's and a new rifle procured for customer with the correct twist.

I wish there was a Scheels near me. I try to support LGS when possible. Granted, just because they are local doesn't mean they have good customer service. One good or bad employee can make or break a relationship. It's tough to find good employees, but when you do, they are the secret to long term success. This is why I am completely against the "equity" in DEI. Pay for performance and meritocracy should still be the foundation for business.

I left Cabela's and went to Scheel's in November of 2020.

The culture and training we get above what we got at Cabela's/BPS is impossible to pin down seeing as the training we got at Cabela's/BPS was nothing. We are constantly training on new gear and on how to best serve the customer at Scheel's. We are more of a team. Our ASL's are more involved and able to help versus the managers at the other store.

It was amazing to me the things I was empowered to do at Scheel's versus the other place. I can actually sell display items versus the other place that it was not allowed unless an item was going to be discontinued. Happy customer leaving the store with the item versus angry customer that held the item but was not allowed to purchase. There are so many things that makes Scheel's a great place to work and shop.

If you are in the Eden Prairie location look for me in the hunting, food prep, optics, shooting, hunting footwear, archery, cutlery, hunting clothing... areas.

I wish there was a Scheels near me. I try to support LGS when possible. Granted, just because they are local doesn't mean they have good customer service. One good or bad employee can make or break a relationship. It's tough to find good employees, but when you do, they are the secret to long term success. This is why I am completely against the "equity" in DEI. Pay for performance and meritocracy should still be the foundation for business.

There is a great LGS near me. I know a lot of people that will not shop there because of the attitude of the owner. He is like the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld. God forbid you have a question for him. If you do you are treated like an idiot.

There is a great LGS near me. I know a lot of people that will not shop there because of the attitude of the owner. He is like the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld. God forbid you have a question for him. If you do you are treated like an idiot.
I know of who you speak. It's too bad too, the reloading side of that shop is fantastic.

I picked up a used Marlin semi auto in 17mach2 when I was younger. Came with 2 boxes of ammo. About 15 rounds in, it fired out of battery and blew up. Cracked the stock, broke the bolt. I worked with Marlin back and forth and they refused to do anything, stating they quit making the gun due to issues like that and they didn't have parts to fix it. So, I was SOL.

I had also contacted CCI as the ammo mfg. They tested the rest of the box that my OOB came from and found a couple shells had issues. So they offered to buy me a new rifle. Any Marlin rimfire I wanted, they'd cover. I ended up with a stainless bull barrel laminate 17hmr bolt rifle courtesy of CCI. I don't buy any other rimfire ammo now; they bought my loyalty and then some.

Customer service and inventory of non inventory, not for sale parts is apples to oranges. Weatherby CS has always been very good, and has only gotten better after the move to Wyoming.

Well when you call three times and leave a message to talk with someone and you don't get a call back ever and then email them to get the run around I wouldn't say they have good customer service to try and help anyone.

Well when you call three times and leave a message to talk with someone and you don't get a call back ever and then email them to get the run around I wouldn't say they have good customer service to try and help anyone.
Yeah, that is poor service. My daughter just had 2 bad cases in a 50 pack of 6.5 RPM brass. She shot Wby a note, got a call back the same day and had box of 20 cases in her mailbox in Alaska 7 days later free of charge. This is consistent with the service I have had from them over the last 25 years.

Yeah, that is poor service. My daughter just had 2 bad cases in a 50 pack of 6.5 RPM brass. She shot Wby a note, got a call back the same day and had box of 20 cases in her mailbox in Alaska 7 days later free of charge. This is consistent with the service I have had from them over the last 25 years.

That is good service and that's great she got that. That's just not my experience

Recent Posts