Custom load development suggestions

midwesthunter

So as much as I hate to do it, I may need to have some custom load development and ammunition loaded for a new rifle. I prefer to do things myself, but I also like to be ready well in advance. I have an anticipated elk tag I should draw next year and want to take my new custom 375 RUM. With my work schedule and travel, multiple kids involved in more things than they have time for, my free time to do proper load development is minimal.

I have performed a Google search and read multiple suggestions on various forums, but I am seeking someone with some recent experience. I emailed one of the companies that I have seen suggested that offered that service and I wasn't impressed with their response. For clarity, I have a custom-built 375 RUM with a 32" bartlien barrel. I told them I planned to use ADG brass and 329-grain hammer hunters with long-range hunting for the purpose of the rifle/ammunition. They suggested if I planned to use a mono-style, typically one drop bullet weight, and if I wanted to use the 300 grainers I would probably get 2600-2700 fps, which I think is about 300-400 FPS slower than what I expect performance to be at with that bullet and barrel length.

Last edited: