Crossbow Shooters - What are you shooting?

Have not been here in a while.
I've been shooting the PSE Tac series for quite a while and have been wrestling with limb-failures. Three so far.
So after 5 years I'm switching to a Ravin R20. It gets here tomorrow.

You will be very happy with the Ravin. I am using an old Barnett but helped a buddy sight in his Ravin 10...WOW makes mine look like a flintlock!!. Out to 100 it was great. My next purchase for sure.

Excalibur Ibex. Upgrading to the Excalibur 380 this year though i have never been let down with this one. 4 for 4 last year.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Another Excaliber user here, Excocet, does an excellent job. Only complaint I'd have is it is not a real quiet shooter, but it hasn't been detrimental to date. I like it simple, no pulleys, extra cables, etc, and decock with string without shooting it.

I used to do quite of bit of bow hunting but for the last dozen or so years do to a number of things I have not done any. But things have changed and this coming year I am planning on getting back into bow hunting. My compound bow that I still have and NEVER had a single problem with and shot for the day SUPER FAST was a Parker Feather Grade. In the state of TN crossbows are legal for anyone so I decided I wanted to try one. I did a bunch of research on the net and talking to others and those in the bow shop business and everybody has there "BRAND" but one that kept getting mentioned was Parker. Since I have had previous good luck with them and being made in USA with the warrantee they have I decided to go with the Thunder Hawk. Looking at all the local shops and box stores that carry them they all run in the $700 range with the lighted reticle scope and then I would have to add about $70 for tax. As I was looking on the net for best price so I could maybe haggle with the local bow shop a little that I really wanted to help out with my business I ran into eBay. Found exactly what I want NEW from Pine Mountain Archery for $339 shipped. Pulled the trigger and it will be to me by Monday or sooner. Got the "your bow has shipped" notification last night and the tricking shows that UPS has it. Now to get all the other stuff like more bolts, broadheads etc. to go with it. Seems like Rage broadheads are all the rage but which one should I get? The Parker I think it is called "Red Hot" bolts come with the bow so probably will stick with them because they seem to be pretty good according to my research but man they are $$$$. With a lighted nock and a rage broad head I will have around $30 each in them. But since I am saving so much on the bow I guess I will not complain.

There are crossbows and then there is Scorpid. I have two friends with them and have never seen anything like it. 3 inch groups at 120yards. They have shot through Roosevelt elk at 50 yards and a Nilgai at 60 yards. I am going to buy one. Pricy though.

Got my Parker Thunder Hawk delivered today. I put it together and it looks and feels really good. May be a while before I get to shoot it because a big winter storm is hitting us tomorrow.

Tore my left rotator cuff 2 years ago. Heart went into AFIB last year and put me out of commision for the year. This year I decided I was going bow hunting as I have a Bear Arena that is now 4 years old and never hunted. Ended up tearing up the right rotator cuff this fall. Was talking to my brother in law who hunts with a crossbow and he was blowing about his crossbow. A Ravin 9 which he bought from one of the big box sporting goods stores 1 1/2 years ago and paid out the nose for. He had put about 40 bolts through it and shot 1 buck with it. All he could talk about was a new Ravin 26 he had looked at. He offered me his Ravin 9 at a price I could not refuse unless I just didn't want a crossbow. Less than 1/2 of what he paid for it. Well I took him up on it and now own a Ravin 9 with all the acc. and soft case etc. He took delivery on his Ravin 26 and put it all together, sighted it in, and shot a buck:). I think he is a bit put out by the shortness of the hunt but he loves the 26. His ground blind is small. Not much room inside other than him and the crossbow and a swivel chair. Guess when the shoulder heals up if the season isn't over by then I might have to give it a try. Otherwise it will be next season. o_O

Have a new Excalibur Axe 340 that I really like. Not a fan of most crossbow scopes so I went with an HHA optimizer and found a Leupold VXR 2-7 x 44 on clearance.