Crossbow Shooters - What are you shooting?

I had to go to crossbow about 7 yrs ago, here is what I have and shoot.
MXB 360.
Matrix 380.
Y25.
Stealth SS
Axiom.
Shoot BEE with 3 of them.

I have the Matrix 380 and the Matrix 405. They are recurve crossbows and are easy to work on. You can even replace the string if need be in the field. They are coming out with a Micro 335 that has smaller dimensions which will make it more portable and easier to maneuver in a ground blind or elevated deer stand.

I simply placed a strip of moleskin with a self adhesive on the back on the front of the
hammer and it did not change anything except the sound (Everything else works the same).
I practice with out the moleskin and when I get ready to go hunting I pull the back pin
and break the lower and upper open (Like an over and under) exposing the hammer and
stick the moleskin strip on the face of the hammer that strikes the release on the TAC 15.
It weighs almost nothing and as I said does not interfere with the operation of the cross
bow.
I have not tried anything else because this works very well.
I have not killed anything with it but that is fixing to change this weekend. (Going after hogs)

J E CUSTOM

Well, I tried it your way and didn't seem to help at all. when the hammer fell, that mole squealed so loud it alerted every Hog in 6 counties.

Does it help to take mole out of the skin first first?.....:D

Packrat

Mouse.gif

I love my scorpyd ventilator 150. I shoot the 22" aerobolts with 100 grain rage hypodermic heads. Killed an 11 pointer and a nice doe with it this year. Both were close shots and neither ran farther than 20yds. Very accurate crossbow and extremely fast at 400 fps. I haven't shot it past 70 yds yet but it holds a tight group out to that point.

the reason most prefer them is the overall weight of your arrow and broadhead aid in penetration more then speed does. Like I said if I was using light carbon arrows id step up to a 125 but my arrows are aluminum which are much heavier then carbon so I don't need that extra weight. I found with mine that 125s and aluminum arrows is just to heavy. If a 20 yard shot was all I was going to take I wouldn't worry but my stand has shots that go out to 50 yards and most shots are going to be at around 30.
Both my crossbows are Barnett's (Quad 400 & Ghost 410) and they came with 22" Carbon Headhunter arrows and 125 gr field points so that's why I went with the 125 gr broad heads. Plus most crossbow sites recommend the 125 gr for deer which is specifically what I got them for.
Anyway I appreciate the input.

For me so far its the Scorpyd SLP 165 and Matrix 405. SLP will be going by by and replaced with the Orion this summer some time. I just want smaller and lighter that's all. Other wise its deadly as it shoots 436 gr arrow at 433 fps. Yes its smoking.

Love the Crossbow.

Brian

Barnett Quad Edge "S"
Excalibur Dead Zone Scope
Carbon Express Pile Driver bolts
Muzzy 125's
Last season (2017) was my first year hunting with a crossbow. Smoked a nice doe at 14 yards during our early crossbow season. Hoping for an early buck this year, but I'll keep after the girls if they give me a shot!