Components - How Far Will You Travel to Purchase a Brick of FM215?

How far will you travel?

• 100 Miles?

Votes: 67 87.0%
  • 500 Miles?

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • 1,000 Miles?

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
ok so the current prices are 79-99$ from midway and others, on-line (gun broker) they are 164-199 plus shipping and hazmat(roughly 2-2.75X) 20 gallons of gas will get me16 mile/gallon 320 mile (round trip)so 160miles(~2.5hrs@65MPH) one way(not including tolls and my time(~95+$/hour, ok its free:) still have to pay tax if it's a store front... as much as i hate to pay 2-3X anything more than 2 hrs(one way) is not worth it to me, If it were an hour one way, i might do it. just not worth the time to me. I'd go to the PC as well...

Well, if you include a moose hunt that changes everything. Let’s see..my truck gets about 13MPG and gas is around $4 per gallon. I’ve got around 1200 215 primers. I’m just going to continue paying hazmat charges and continue to whine about it.
Get a new truck. 13mpg??

Then there is the old idiom:

Bird in hand worth two in bush.

I am hoping that won't go down rathole. What am I thinking? Of course it will!

You got $80k to give me. Big V8’s love to drink. My dog also likes the one I have.
You must not have a Ram with a 5.7 hemi or a Chevy with a 6.2... I bought the Ram new for my wife in '16 and the Chevy new in '18 for me... They both make 17 to 20 mpg highway and 14-16 mpg in town. The only time I really suffer is towing my camper with the Chevy; she's at 8-10 mpg eating premium. I pay a lot to have the trucks, but they are close to paid off and it's a used Viper or Vette after that I suspect...

A store about 20 miles has stayed in supply of 215's and most everything. There are limits on most things.