Christensen Ridgeline Vs Blackberries?

I have a real hard time believing that this day in age, with that level of engineering and chemical research, that simply exposing it to the sun while hunting and at the range will do any noticeable damage. I feel like this stuff in particular has evolved leaps and bounds in the last few years alone. I'd put money on the line that a brand new proof could be left out in the desert for 10yrs and the color may not even fade.

Technological advancement in that process is simply amazing.

Right, I have no fears about my Christensen barrel unraveling because i hunted in the daylight too much. I feel like they would actually warranty your barrel if you came in with an unwrapped bird's nest hanging off the liner.

I 100% disagree with everyone. I was working on some space applications with space X just 2 years ago and solar degradation was critical for them since their rockets sit on launch pads for days. It was found that they would likely have to replace panels or put UV protectant coatings on. Just saying, if these barrels do not have UV Protective coatings, you will see degradation. How long it will take, depends on the resins they are using. We shall see in a few years since the barrels are becoming more popular. I have no doubt they would warranty them, still doesn't mean they may or may not fade or swell or chip away. Just my two cents.

FYI space x has 100 times deeper pockets than any barrel manufacturer.

Yeah, and it's also ran by a rich weirdo, who thinks that electric 18-wheelers is a good idea, and he stole the name of his car company from one of the greatest inventors the world has ever known.

Also, money doesn't have much to do with knowledge...I've known quite a few rich morons. Just means they lucked-up and fell into money. Some of the smartest and best people I've ever known didn't have anything more than your average person...And some live/lived in poverty. You can't always judge a man by his checkbook.

I 100% disagree with everyone. I was working on some space applications with space X just 2 years ago and solar degradation was critical for them since their rockets sit on launch pads for days. It was found that they would likely have to replace panels or put UV protectant coatings on. Just saying, if these barrels do not have UV Protective coatings, you will see degradation. How long it will take, depends on the resins they are using. We shall see in a few years since the barrels are becoming more popular. I have no doubt they would warranty them, still doesn't mean they may or may not fade or swell or chip away. Just my two cents.

You can disagree all you want but you're NOT comparing about the same thing, space exploration and its requirements is NOT the same as the hunting environment down here on earth.

Speaking of the sun. I was in Africa a few years ago and my PH had a Christensen arms rifle they had given him when they hunted with him. He had a habit of putting his rifle on the dash of his Toyota while traveling around. While I was there the stock popped and completely delaminated. Reason was too hot in the sun!!!. I actually brought the stock home with me and shipped it off to Utah for replacement. The carbon barrel had not yet shown the effects of the sun.

Speaking of the sun. I was in Africa a few years ago and my PH had a Christensen arms rifle they had given him when they hunted with him. He had a habit of putting his rifle on the dash of his Toyota while traveling around. While I was there the stock popped and completely delaminated. Reason was too hot in the sun!!!. I actually brought the stock home with me and shipped it off to Utah for replacement. The carbon barrel had not yet shown the effects of the sun.
Did this vehicle have a roof? If so, all car glass is UV Protected so the stock likely popped due to heat and not UV degradation

You can disagree all you want but you're NOT comparing about the same thing, space exploration and its requirements is NOT the same as the hunting environment down here on earth.
I understand but UV degradation is a hot topic for synthetic fibers and resins. It is the number one factor for testing in most instances

I'm thinking that UV concerns for a SPACE craft are far different than those of a land based carbon application. Those Space-X vehicles have to worry about unfiltered UV radiation outside the atmosphere. No way the barrel can be compared to that.

I'm thinking that UV concerns for a SPACE craft are far different than those of a land based carbon application. Those Space-X vehicles have to worry about unfiltered UV radiation outside the atmosphere. No way the barrel can be compared to that.
Yes I understand that but I was just stating my experience with fibers and resins. That was one project I worked on. Carbon fiber and resins have a lot of challenge here on earth under the atmosphere. If no one believes me, just do some googling. That being said, apparently someone chimed in they have a barrel over 13 years old and shows no signs of fading or degradation the the point is moot. They must be using some UV protective coatings in their resins.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.