Christensen Arms, MPR

Srutter1

I have Christensen arms 6.5 that I've only shot once in the last four years so I'm going to sell it. I'm curious if anybody knows what I can expect to get when selling to a gun shop.

I have Christensen arms 6.5 that I've only shot once in the last four years so I'm going to sell it. I'm curious if anybody knows what I can expect to get when selling to a gun shop.
Don't know how much you can get for it but you have certainly made the best decision.

I appreciate the feedback. Had a health issue that impacted my vision. Anything beyond about 300yds has become almost impossible.

Depends on the model. I have a ridgeline titanium in 6.5 and it shoots concisetenly 3 rounds you can almost cover with a nickel at 100 yards and very good on steel out to 1500 yards.

I'm curious if anybody knows what I can expect to get when selling to a gun shop.

Gun shops, like pawn shops, will pay little in order to sell high for a larger percentage of profits.

Years ago, I wanted to sell a couple of rifles locally so I checked in with a well known local gun shop to test the water. It was over quickly. The owner was exceptionally clear with regard to his practices of buying and reselling. I could expect to be paid 1/2 of the current value of any firearm in general circulation. Understood. Turned and left the shop with my rifles in hand.

While selling to a guns shop might be fast and easy, you will take a beating. Selling on forums with Classified Ads takes more time and effort and nowadays is fraught with the national economic down turn created by our politicians. Items posted for sale will run the gamut of slow roll to high speed delivery. Some items get snapped up while others simply languish and fall off the radar due to disinterest. There is a lot of bargain hunting taking place while realistic values spend a lot time being sent 'BTT' (back to top of that forum).

Be prepared to be patient.

;)

Sell it online. Gunbroker brings the best prices I have found.

If you can't navigate the online marketplace (or don't want to bother) have a trusted friend do it.

Otherwise, you are left with selling to a friend or your LGS.

Depending on the condition, ~75-80% of the purchase cost/current cost is a good starting price point to deal with the private potential buyer. A friend passed away last year, and we did the same for his firearms portion of the estate sale. Gun shops will be significantly lower. GLWS and health issues.

Depends on the model. I have a ridgeline titanium in 6.5 and it shoots concisetenly 3 rounds you can almost cover with a nickel at 100 yards and very good on steel out to 1500 yards.
It was a CA MPR with a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 27x54 with an EBR-7C. A very capable setup. The problem was between the grass and the trigger.

Looks like new, around 4k for rifle and scope give or take. You could go separately for around 80% of value or as a complete unit for 75 to 80%.

Dealers typically pay 50% of what the firearm cost when new. If you paid $1k for it and it was in great condition then used value would be in the $700-750 range. That means the dealer will offer $500-550.

Optics have less value to dealers.