Chassis?

ducky

So I'm interested in trying a Chassis for a rifle build. I'm wading through a lot of different options. My biggest issue is weight as I'm not looking to build a 20lb PRS rifle. I'd like to budget less than $1000 for the complete chassis and stay preferably around $800 for the complete chassis.

So how realistic is my goal to stay around 36 ounces? I really don't want to go over 40 ounces if possible. I'll be using my M700 action and a 18‐20" light varmint contour barrel to build a .223 Rem.

You could do an XLR Element in aluminum with the carbon butt stock. Non-folding would be 35oz and under $800. Add the side folder for another $145 but it add 5oz. I the same XLR Element, however it is the magnesium chassis. It is a very nice chassis. Haven't used for hunting yet as I just built this rifle, so still undecided on that or if I would prefer a Manners PH.

So I'm interested in trying a Chassis for a rifle build. I'm wading through a lot of different options. My biggest issue is weight as I'm not looking to build a 20lb PRS rifle. I'd like to budget less than $1000 for the complete chassis and stay preferably around $800 for the complete chassis.

So how realistic is my goal to stay around 36 ounces? I really don't want to go over 40 ounces if possible. I'll be using my M700 action and a 18‐20" light varmint contour barrel to build a .223 Rem.
At ~$400 range, the Oryx chassis is your best bet It's heavy and stock non-folding, but it"S very good. I built my .257WBY with it.

What is your goal weight for the hunt-ready setup?

At ~$400 range, the Oryx chassis is your best bet It's heavy and stock non-folding, but it"S very good. I built my .257WBY with it.

What is your goal weight for the hunt-ready setup?
I'd like to stay under 10lbs if possible.

Hunt-ready weight? What you have for components (barrel, scope, sling, base, muzzle device, bipod, etc) weights already?

I'm still planning, I currently have a M700 donor, with TT Independence trigger. I agreed to purchase a 1:8 twist Rock barrel from the classifieds, they described it as an LVSF contour without flutes.

I'm still planning, I currently have a M700 donor, with TT Independence trigger. I agreed to purchase a 1:8 twist Rock barrel from the classifieds, they described it as an LVSF contour without flutes.
I created a spread of all my components with all the weight information when I was gathering on my .338 Thor build. At the time, the lightest chassis I could find was MDT Hunt 26, but it hard features I did not care about. I ended up with CA MPR. It was 1.5 lbs heavier but only paid 80 % of the cost of a new one because and LRH member changed course on his build. Despite being 1.5 lbs heavier, I still met my hunt-ready weight goal.

XLR magnesium is going to be the better bang for the buck. Imo. You'll pay for it, though I think XLR is pretty fairly priced for what it is. There's a few others like falkor in between weight and price.

All the budget chassis are about the same price and weight 3lbs and about (+ or -) $300. Those are the Magpul Hunter, the pork sword when it's all built out…(cost more than $300 by then), the MDT field stock, krg bravo, etc.