• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Canceled. New 45-70 but NO. Thanks to all.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. GUN GUYS ARE THE BEST.

I appreciate you guys helping me out in my quest to feed my new 45-70s. I witnessed a lot of generosity over the weekend and no gouging, as is common in this current environment. To say thanks I checked my supply and make available the following To anyone in need.

Bullets:
44 Cal Hornady XTP 240gr
308 Sierra 175gr. Tipped
45 ACP 230gr Target bullets
Brass:
45 ACP
308 Federal GMM
Powder And Primers LOCAL PICKUP IN STAR IDAHO ONLY:
Varget
H4895
Large Rifle, Large Magnum Rifle, Large Pistol,

My way of helping out and paying forward. Prices will be published on Midway or Brownells. I would like to place limited quantities and for personal consumption only. Thanks again brothers.

limited quantitie. PM will determine order priority

Last edited:
Which bullets? If you are buying, check Midway or Brownells. If you are selling, please confirm.

Sir, i am new to the site but have been reading for a long time. I was looking through my benches and found 130 405 gr bullets for 45-70. I was shooting these through my #1 long time ago. I have to wait to sell on the site but they can be yours if you are interested. I was running them at 1900+ in the Ruger. They should do the job out to 200 with no problem.
I would be interested in your 405 grain bullets

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. GUN GUYS ARE THE BEST.

I appreciate you guys helping me out in my quest to feed my new 45-70s. I witnessed a lot of generosity over the weekend and no gouging, as is common in this current environment. To say thanks I checked my supply and make available the following To anyone in need.

Bullets:
44 Cal Hornady XTP 240gr
308 Sierra 175gr. Tipped
45 ACP 230gr Target bullets
Brass:
45 ACP
308 Federal GMM
Powder And Primers LOCAL PICKUP IN STAR IDAHO ONLY:
Varget
H4895
Large Rifle, Large Magnum Rifle, Large Pistol,

My way of helping out and paying forward. Prices will be published on Midway or Brownells. I would like to place limited quantities and for personal consumption only. Thanks again brothers.

limited quantitie. PM will determine order priority
No good deed goes un-noticed on this forum, for the most part all good people.
Best
Chip

I picked up a new to me 45-70. I have cases, powder, and primers but no bullets. I did not think that it would be impossible to find bullets but is seems to be. I spend a couple of hours searching the net and can only find bullets suitable for elephant and rhino hunting. I bought the rifle for short range deer and elk hunting. If anyone can help a brother out you would be a friend for life and pretty much guarantee a place in heaven. I live in Idaho and would be willing to trade Varget, H4895, or primers. I also have bullets; 44 Mag JHP, Sierra GMM 175 gr. Tipped, or 45ACP 230 gr. Could also trade loaded 556 green tipped or 7.62 NATO ammo. Of course PayPal for those geographically challenged.

My preference is Hornady 45015 325gr FTX or any bullet 350gr-400gr, but beggars can't always be choosy.

I do see solid lead bullets available but worry that most are made for cowboy action shooting and would create leading at higher velocities. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Look for cast powder coated bullets and you won't have any lead issues at all. I cast my own and PC them. 320gr and 370gr. Work fantastic.

look up or call buffalo arms, they are out of Ponderay, Id. They have LOTS of molds to choose from. If you call they will point you in the correct direction. Or the RCBS 330gr, 405gr and 500gr RNFP will work very well. Get the gas check version and it will function well in a repeater

I picked up a new to me 45-70. I have cases, powder, and primers but no bullets. I did not think that it would be impossible to find bullets but is seems to be. I spend a couple of hours searching the net and can only find bullets suitable for elephant and rhino hunting. I bought the rifle for short range deer and elk hunting. If anyone can help a brother out you would be a friend for life and pretty much guarantee a place in heaven. I live in Idaho and would be willing to trade Varget, H4895, or primers. I also have bullets; 44 Mag JHP, Sierra GMM 175 gr. Tipped, or 45ACP 230 gr. Could also trade loaded 556 green tipped or 7.62 NATO ammo. Of course PayPal for those geographically challenged.

My preference is Hornady 45015 325gr FTX or any bullet 350gr-400gr, but beggars can't always be choosy.

I do see solid lead bullets available but worry that most are made for cowboy action shooting and would create leading at higher velocities. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I used some 45 cal ml sabot to shoot reduced load 35 cal ftx in mine.

I have four 45-70's and have never shot a jacketed bullet in any of them. I shoot cowboy long range up to 880 yards with them. Don't knock cast bullets until you try them. I have good accuracy up to 600 yards in my 1 in 20" twist with 530gr Postell bullet. Accuracy was better with a 380gr. at longer ranges. The 530gr. bullet is good out to 880 yards with a 1 in 18" twist rifle. A hunter took a 45-70 lever action rifle with cast bullets to Africa several years ago. He came up on a Cape Buffalo herd. He refused to shoot at a bull because there was a cow behind it. The PH told him to shoot any way because the bullet would not penetrate completely and if it did, he would pay for the additional tag. He fired, and the bullet went completely through the bull, killing him and the buffalo behind him.

I ordered some cast bullets and thinking about casting my own. I have never shot them in my rifles but have in my 45 apc. I am a long range shooter with my 308 and 300 nm. I am intrigued to try them out. Thanks for your encouragemen.

I have 3 45-70 rifles, 2 are being delivered soon. One is a new manufacture Winchester 1885, on a Ruger #1, and the one I have owned for 15 years is. Marlin Guide Gun. I have use the Marlin for hunting pigs but the 1885 I bought others for Elk and Deer hunting as well a general shooting. I am a huge Gun nut and I fall in love with different types at different times. I have been through a M1A / M14 phase As well as ARs of all kinds of calibers, I love long range precision shooting and can do a mile with my 300 Norma Mag. I have trained to run and gun pistols and can do pretty well in a gun fight. I also love hunting but often pass on the kill if it's not right.

Now I'm in to 45-70s because they are big and hit hard. I live by BLM land and will set up a hillside of gongs and practice the day away.

Im just an out of control gun nut basically.
You're in the right place