• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Canceled. New 45-70 but NO. Thanks to all.

Hard cast bullets are available here in Canada, you can order them in various hardness and size. With or without gas checks.
If you are shooting a Marlin I suggest you go with .459 or .460. You should slug your barrel to be sure a little larger is better than smaller, Marlins tend to be larger.
With the dollar change, they are probably cheaper than buying US.
Check out JET BULLETS...great guy to deal with out of Alberta.

What deal works for you?
I am new to the site but have been watching for some time, I don't have any use for the trades you have listed, I had a 458 win mag which I traded, trying to help out, reasonable offer and you pay shipping from Ohio, text message ok if you want

I picked up a new to me 45-70. I have cases, powder, and primers but no bullets. I did not think that it would be impossible to find bullets but is seems to be. I spend a couple of hours searching the net and can only find bullets suitable for elephant and rhino hunting. I bought the rifle for short range deer and elk hunting. If anyone can help a brother out you would be a friend for life and pretty much guarantee a place in heaven. I live in Idaho and would be willing to trade Varget, H4895, or primers. I also have bullets; 44 Mag JHP, Sierra GMM 175 gr. Tipped, or 45ACP 230 gr. Could also trade loaded 556 green tipped or 7.62 NATO ammo. Of course PayPal for those geographically challenged.

My preference is Hornady 45015 325gr FTX or any bullet 350gr-400gr, but beggars can't always be choosy.

I do see solid lead bullets available but worry that most are made for cowboy action shooting and would create leading at higher velocities. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I may be able to get you by for a little while. I cast 45-70 bullets and do a 300 gr and 405. Gr. They both work awesome in that rifle iron sights hundred yards clovers and I can give you a recipe.
are you looking for bullets to hunt with because that will definitely do the job. I don't want any money maybe just a shipping but if you need me to make you up like 50 or so I could do it this weekend

I appreciate your offer greatly but because of the help of so many, I have been able to secure some brass and bullies. I am going to start casting my own in the near future. I have a newly made 1885 and think it will be a good match.

Thanks for your generous offer. Gun guys stick together like family.

Ran into the same problems. I decided that since all I had was spare time that I'd try casting some 45-70 bullets and going that route. I got two sizers, one standard and one that sized .001 smaller. The second sizer was for my paper patch experiments. I shoot a Ruger #1 single shot. I found the experience rewarding. I came up with some really accurate loads both in the unpatched and paper-patched. The bullet casting experience was fun too. Got a deer with the paper-patched round this past season.

Star Idaho. 30 miles from Oregon. I will be in City of Rocks March or April, once the weather clears. If you want to sell them PayPal works. Trades will have to wait till spring.

I've got 38 325 grain FTX bullets. PM me if you want them and we'll work something out. I've also got 100 pieces of once or twice fired Starline 45-70 brass available. Sold my 45-70 last summer. Have a set of dies too. Not looking to scalp anyone.

What type and make is your rifle? Lever, bolt or single shot?
No promises and I am at work and can not check till after 10:30ish but I shoot
458" bullets out of my .50 cal muzzloaders I use to have some from Hornady, Barnes and I think Sierra
The problem isn't if I have any left its do I have any left in sufficient numbers to be worth while to anyone besides me
I do have several boxes of 300 grain Barnes Originals but they are my go to ML bullet for my Savage 10ML-II smokeless loads and I don't have enough of them to part with any
But I MIGHT and not promising anything but just might have enough of other types to be able to part with a few.
I absolutely love to shoot and my inline MLS ( I own three in 50 caliber one in 45) and I go through a butt load of bullets and sabots
**** shame you're not needing 300 grn 45 cal 451" XTP"s as I have lots of them.

Never thought my policy of always buying reloading components in very very large quantities would be paying off to this significant of a degree
I'll take an inventory and let you know again not making any promises

Last edited:
I have 3 45-70 rifles, 2 are being delivered soon. One is a new manufacture Winchester 1885, on a Ruger #1, and the one I have owned for 15 years is. Marlin Guide Gun. I have use the Marlin for hunting pigs but the 1885 I bought others for Elk and Deer hunting as well a general shooting. I am a huge Gun nut and I fall in love with different types at different times. I have been through a M1A / M14 phase As well as ARs of all kinds of calibers, I love long range precision shooting and can do a mile with my 300 Norma Mag. I have trained to run and gun pistols and can do pretty well in a gun fight. I also love hunting but often pass on the kill if it's not right.

Now I'm in to 45-70s because they are big and hit hard. I live by BLM land and will set up a hillside of gongs and practice the day away.

Im just an out of control gun nut basically.