Calipers

now I like nice stuff and don't mind paying for it but do you really need a $300 set of calipers for reloading?

No, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a model to stay away from, or a model with all the bells and whistles that were not needed. On there website they all look the same.

Do you want the dial or digital version is the first question.
I've had 5 sets of the black and yellow absolute version. That I used on a daily basis. Then I went to the silver coolant proof set and have 2 sets at work and 1 on my reloading bench. That being said I prefer the silver set to any others. The dial set will last a lifetime for any reloader out there. And the reloader that wants digital will do just fine with the standard absolute model.

6" black and yellow absolute will do anything you ever want. And last a long time. We rely upon these For daily measuring of parts in the shop. They take a 357 battery and if you turn them off the battery will last a couple years. I will say stay away from any cheep models ,say 50$ or under they are very iffy.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.