Burris Veracity PH

I have the 5-20 Version. It's on a 22-204R AR that I put together recently. I haven't had a whole lot of time behind it, but the glass quality is equal to its price point/competitors. Tracking seems decent. I only have 65 rounds down the barrel, and I've loaded up some test ammo to try and narrow down some loads. Once that's done, I can then use the ballistic feature. Ultimately, a laser etched turret with yardage marks ought to be nearly as effective, and be only minimally slower to use.

It's a physical tab/screen that is always there but I will say I run the scope at range with it off most of the time and just dial off DOPE chart. HUD will be invaluable in the field hunting.

It's not to obtrusive.
General RE LEE, you wouldn't happen to have a Burris XTR III would you? (3-18x or 5-30x)

If yes, how does the PH's glass compare?

Does the PH have the typical Burris "super wide field of view"?

Where the image in the scope goes all the way to the "edge of the scope", with little or zero tunneling at all?

Thanks

General RE LEE, you wouldn't happen to have a Burris XTR III would you? (3-18x or 5-30x)

If yes, how does the PH's glass compare?

Does the PH have the typical Burris "super wide field of view"?

Where the image in the scope goes all the way to the "edge of the scope", with little or zero tunneling at all?

Thanks

I do not but I would consider it a wide FOV. With the scope covers there is a dark border effect cause you're seeing inside the scope covers, but without it's pretty wide to the edge.

Interested in what WYOTEX has to report. I'm looking at swapping my 14 year old Leupold VX3 for a Veracity PH on my 300 Wby Mk V.

Sounds like the rings might be over torqued....that can cause exactly what you're describing...
18lbin on the Wheeler torque driver.
This on EGW Keystone rings and Vortex Viper rings.

I use the same torque on my other scopes with no issues.
Vortex Crossfire II, Sightron STAC, SIII, SII, Crimson Trace Series 2, Hardline, Redfield Revenge, Ziess V4.

Friend has the same issue with 3 different Burris Fullfields he's bought within the last few years.

18lbin on the Wheeler torque driver.
This on EGW Keystone rings and Vortex Viper rings.

I use the same torque on my other scopes with no issues.
Vortex Crossfire II, Sightron STAC, SIII, SII, Crimson Trace Series 2, Hardline, Redfield Revenge, Ziess V4.

Friend has the same issue with 3 different Burris Fullfields he's bought within the last few years.
Wow....then they are definitely a problem my friend!

Burris Veracity PH scopes have been out for a year now. They look like a stripped down Revic pmr with the "HUD" system. The first gens are going for around $700 and I would like to hear from users how they are performing.

Thanks
I have two of the older ones, one is ffp and the other is sfp I love them both I have 5 total in Burris and the only complaint that I have is I put a full field 3x9 on a 22mag and it doesn't focus well for close in shots

As for the PH reticle, IMHO if it ain't a "Christmas tree" reticle with wind hold dots I ain't using it.
My target scope has an H39 reticle (big Xmas tree) and I need those wind holds to use instead of taking the time dialing when shooting time is very limited in competition. This is also often the case in hunting as well.
That's why I like the G3 illuminated reticle in my Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope. It's a small Xmas tree but very useable for hunting. And after using that scope I'll never buy another non-illuminated scope.

As for the PH reticle, IMHO if it ain't a "Christmas tree" reticle with wind hold dots I ain't using it.
My target scope has an H39 reticle (big Xmas tree) and I need those wind holds to use instead of taking the time dialing when shooting time is very limited in competition. This is also often the case in hunting as well.
That's why I like the G3 illuminated reticle in my Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 scope. It's a small Xmas tree but very useable for hunting. And after using that scope I'll never buy another non-illuminated scope.

SFP but I really prefer the #68 reticle in my Zeiss Conquest V4. Its a 1 MOA christmas tree but I typically use it at 8x thus my values are 2 MOA. Works great and honestly I hold and use the reticle as much as dialing.

veracity ph scope is legal in Utah

R657-5-8. Rifles, Shotguns, Airguns, and Crossbows.
(1) A rifle used to hunt big game must:
(a) fire centerfire cartridges and expanding bullets; and
(b) have no attachment capable of electronic function, other than illuminated reticles.