Burris Veracity PH

Any news on this situation?
Yes,I got an email yesterday.The turret was stuck in the all the way up. The turrets could turn but it was not going anywhere. I suspect someone in the store where I bought it played with the turrets and got them stuck as I did not move the turrets very far at all.
They fixed the stuck turret and centered the reticle and it was leaving their shop to be sent back to me. Will get it sometime next week.
I put a Leupold Mark 4HD 4.5-18x52 scope on it and sighted it in so I will not mount that Burris until after hunting season.
By the way, that Leupold has the best FFP reticle that I have ever used. PR-1 reticle. It stays full screen all the way from lowest setting to highest setting. I may never mount the Burris on that rifle ever!

Edit to add: I got the email Monday the 14th.Sorry,my memory is not what it used to be.

Last edited:
glad that Burris seems to be doing right with you . ignoring the reticle preference ..... optically how does the glass performance compare between the burris and the mark 4HD ? how does their eye box compare ? thanks , jeff

I had high hopes that the Burris glass would be better but not so. The Leupold is brighter and sharper.
We will see if the Mark 4HD is as durable as my older Leupolds as I have not bought a new Leupold in almost 20 years.
Edit to add: The eyebox is a lot better on the Leupold. The eyebox on the Burris is a tad tight. You will have to be moving your heard to center it.
Once you get used to it you may find it not bad at all.
I am changing my position behind scope. I used to hold the butt stock in my shoulder joint but am trying to get used to holding closer to my chest than shoulder. That gives me much better alignment with the eyebox.

Last edited:
Any news on this situation?
Not yet Jessej,our elk season starts this coming Saturday the 26th so I felt I would not have time to change scopes and be comfortable with the change. I may just use my Remington 700 300 win mag instead as it is spot on already and that would allow me to change scopes back to Burris and sight it in and send changes to the app.
Will do it Soon!

Recent Posts