Burris Veracity 4-20x50mm Riflescope w/ Ballistic E1 FFP Reticle

Has anyone had a look at one of these in a low light situation? if it's going to be a decent hunting scope it has to do well in the first or last 10 minutes of light.

IMHO, it works well in low light situation as you noted even with my old eyes. However, it's best if you look through it yourself as your eye sight and your hunting situation is the deciding factor.

I am not a big fan of taking shots on big games on those times esp., towards the evening. :cool:

FEENIX, how do you like the tall turrets out in the field? Do you find yorself wanting the lower turrets from their new M.A.D. system?

I really like it and never really have problem with being tall.

Cheers!

Great, thanks for the feedback. Ive pretty much settled on this scope in the 4-20x and am on the fence about the standard turrets or the M.A.D. turrets

Great, thanks for the feedback. Ive pretty much settled on this scope in the 4-20x and am on the fence about the standard turrets or the M.A.D. turrets

The MAD knobs only allow 23 or 24 MOA of adjustment after zero. Even though the website says that a multiturn turret is an option a Burris Technician told me that the information on their website was wrong.

The MAD knobs only allow 23 or 24 MOA of adjustment after zero. Even though the website says that a multiturn turret is an option a Burris Technician told me that the information on their website was wrong.

Based off the few pictures I've seen I was afraid of that. So on their website they say that the Veracity 4-20 essentially has three turret options: regular capped tall turrets (200640 model), low capped MAD turrets (200641 model), and uncapped low MAD "tactical" turrets (special order). If I understand correctly, the standard knobs on the model 200640 are the only multi turn turrets? Neither the capped nor uncapped MAD turrets are multi turn?

This might make my decision pretty easy

Based off the few pictures I've seen I was afraid of that. So on their website they say that the Veracity 4-20 essentially has three turret options: regular capped tall turrets (200640 model), low capped MAD turrets (200641 model), and uncapped low MAD "tactical" turrets (special order). If I understand correctly, the standard knobs on the model 200640 are the only multi turn turrets? Neither the capped nor uncapped MAD turrets are multi turn?

That is exactly what the technician told me. I'm not saying he couldn't be wrong but it made my decision pretty easy as well.

That is exactly what the technician told me. I'm not saying he couldn't be wrong but it made my decision pretty easy as well.

It could very well be misconstrued during the explanation process by using the example of 50 MOA (is roughly 25 MOA from center) total elevation adjustment capability provided instead of the the "actual" 70 MOA (is roughly 35 MOA from center) for the 4-20 Veracity. Below was extracted from the Burris website.

Burris%204-20%20Veracity_zpsk89ytoxx.jpg

IMHO, it's worth a second check/verification ... but that's just me.

Cheers!

Ed

It could very well be misconstrued during the explanation process by using the example of 50 MOA total elevation adjustment capability instead of the the actual 70 MOA for the 4-20 Veracity. Below was extracted from the Burris website.

Burris%204-20%20Veracity_zpsk89ytoxx.jpg

IMHO, it's worth a second check/verification ... but that's just me.

Cheers!

Ed

He told me that once the MAD knobs had been zeroed you would be limited to just under 1 full revolution of the turret or until the scope topped out, whichever occurred first. He said the non-MAD turrets did not have this problem and would be able to be dialed up to the end of the scopes available travel. I hope he's wrong because their literature states otherwise but he said the literature was not correct.

He told me that once the MAD knobs had been zeroed you would be limited to just under 1 full revolution of the turret or until the scope topped out, whichever occurred first. He said the non-MAD turrets did not have this problem and would be able to be dialed up to the end of the scopes available travel. I hope he's wrong because their literature states otherwise but he said the literature was not correct.

Me too, that is why I think it's worth some clarification.

For what it's worth, I have one with the mads turret and it does give just one full rotation which is 24 MOA. Can't comment on the other turret style. Great for a 1000 yard hunting rifle, but not great for anyone looking to bang steel farther than that.

For what it's worth, I have one with the mads turret and it does give just one full rotation which is 24 MOA. Can't comment on the other turret style. Great for a 1000 yard hunting rifle, but not great for anyone looking to bang steel farther than that.

I was curious too so I ended up calling yesterday and Bill the tech support guy told me exactly that "IF" you order the customized turret. Having said that, he does not recommend the customized turret if you want to use the scope's actual elevation range; -35, 0, +35 MOA, and as noted above.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts