Brown bear Rifle

I've never seen a 7' collie.

It's not a particularly big one, but it still illustrates than it's perfectly adequate. He even purposely took a non-ideal shot.
That’s not a 7’ bear
Not even close
That post is a prime example of what people will do for attention. The probability of something going wrong and the animal suffering for longer than it needs to. Pretty much sums up the character of these people who are trying to hunt dangerous or large game with these tiny bullets 🤷‍♂️

That's not a 7' bear
Not even close
That post is a prime example of what people will do for attention. The probability of something going wrong and the animal suffering for longer than it needs to. Pretty much sums up the character of these people who are trying to hunt dangerous or large game with these tiny bullets 🤷‍♂️
What this thread illustrates is how little most hunters understand about how bullets kill things. I bet if someone asks, he'd put a tape on the hide.

Do bow hunters have poor character also?

Mark, i killed a brownie on Kodiak this spring at 178 yards with a 338 rum shooting 210hht @ 3462 fps, bear was quartering towards me bullet went in forward the left front shoulder through ribs, shredded the lungs and exited back right side rib cage 42" penetration. It rocked the bear back, he spun and ran left quartering away, second shot entered left side raking back ribs, breaking 4 going in through lungs out front rib cage, into neck, penetrated length of neck and ended up under the skin behind his right ear, effect was a cartwheel unto his back, dead, 41-42" penetration! The initial shot once inside the forward shoulder you could have stuck your fist in. The guide said in 85 grizz/ brownie kills he has been in on, that was most damage he ever saw a bullet do! The impact speed on the bullet should have been around 3113 fps. This load was accurate and flat out flying! The bear squared 9'8" with no tail, if he had a tail may have been a 9'10" bear or a hair more, 27 12/16 this skull with a beautiful hide.
Copper mono bullets at high velocity are amazingly deadly with great penetration along with high damage. Kinda best of both worlds
And to think that some guys are still talking about .223 and TMK bullets for brownies. :rolleyes: :D

What this thread illustrates is how little most hunters understand about how bullets kill things. I bet if someone asks, he'd put a tape on the hide.

Do bow hunters have poor character also?
Hunters understand how bullets kill tbings
We have for a long time
That’s why a vast majority shake their heads at people doing dumb things for attention

They really don't. If they did we'd stop seeing threads about how energy kills things.

But to clarify, bow hunters are doing it for attention right?
Bow hunters are using sharp blades to slice a hole
Not a bullet that expands to resemble a washer
And your trying to be act like your an expert on how bullets kill?

They really don't. If they did we'd stop seeing threads about how energy kills things.

But to clarify, bow hunters are doing it for attention right?
I just seen another thread on Facebook where a guy was using those same bullets to shoot gophers. I hope your tracking skills are good using a 223 for big game. I’ve shot a pile of wolves with one and they were terrible even on those 🤷‍♂️

And your trying to be act like your an expert on how bullets kill?
Nope, I leave that to the real experts that have published papers on it.

I'm trying to clarify, it's your position that an arrow slices some cuts 3/4-1" or so wide in a straight line however deep is normal and ethical, not for the socials, and a bullet that leaves a wound channel at least that going mach 1.5++ isn't? Do you think bullets and arrows kill via a different mechanism terminally?

Use the gun you know...many have been killed with a lesser caliber than a 300wm.
I would imagine that modern bullets in 300 wsm are a lot better than what was available for the .338 mag in the past.
I have no desire to shoot a brown bear but if I was going to do such a hunt I think I’d want something a little bigger than my 300 win mag