Broken/Stuck case

Remove the die internals, use a bottoming tap smaller than case od to tap inside of case, thread a bolt into the tapped case and then use a brass drift to drive the case out. Most of the time the case will come out during the tapping. Not at bench to get the size of the tap needed,

Remove the die internals, use a bottoming tap smaller than case od to tap inside of case, thread a bolt into the tapped case and then use a brass drift to drive the case out. Most of the time the case will come out during the tapping. Not at bench to get the size of the tap needed,
Would machine shop be a capable alternative? Maybe send the die to the brass manufacturer asking for help? Just thinking out loud….

It is very, very easy to ruin dies with taps.

I would try running a very tight pistol brush up into the case in the die first. I have used this method in getting cases out of a chamber, but this is the first I have ever heard of it happening with a NECK sizer??? I wonder if the case was ready to split as it was extracted from the chamber and you did not see the very apparent line around the case. If this was the case, then did you have excessive headspace created by either you on the full-length sizing or the gunsmith? You may want to examine the remainder of the cases you fired on that day.

Thought should be given to why this happened in the first place to avoid repeating the issue.

I would try running a very tight pistol brush up into the case in the die first. I have used this method in getting cases out of a chamber, but this is the first I have ever heard of it happening with a NECK sizer??? I wonder if the case was ready to split as it was extracted from the chamber and you did not see the very apparent line around the case. If this was the case, then did you have excessive headspace created by either you on the full-length sizing or the gunsmith? You may want to examine the remainder of the cases you fired on that day.

Thought should be given to why this happened in the first place to avoid repeating the issue.
+1 to find root cause to be sure it's not your chamber.

I would soak with penetrating oil, place in freezer overnight, next morning immediately tap bottom of die to see if the brass pops out from thermal expansion contraction differences.

IRWIN traight flute extractor. I have used it on broken bolts. I bet it would work. Got mine from ACE

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 33

What VinceMule said. After you solve this problem you need to check the headspace!!😊