Best short 6mm for DBM or blind mag feeding

All the br variants are short/stubby and would feed best from an aics mag utilizing a spacer kit. The 6gt would be easier for bdl and holds 2gr more than the dasher, very capable lil cartridge. I see no reason not to run a 6mm creed or 6x47, use a slow cool burning powder at moderate velocity and they'll last near as long as a dasher running top end loads.
Thanks Highdrum! Thats pretty much the conclusion i came to after all the replies. That the way to go is either a 222 case variant or a smaller regular cartridge.

I started off trying to replicate the 6ARC because its a cool lil cartridge but its not the only way to skin a cat and other routes seem easier for sure.

Thanks Highdrum! Thats pretty much the conclusion i came to after all the replies. That the way to go is either a 222 case variant or a smaller regular cartridge.

I started off trying to replicate the 6ARC because its a cool lil cartridge but its not the only way to skin a cat and other routes seem easier for sure.
I've heard guys opening up a Tikka 223 bolt face and running 6arc. Guys have also done 6br in tikkas. However, spacer kits in detach mags are the norm for reliable feeding.

Go with a Zermatt Origin action, get both the .223 & .308 bolt face and set a 6BR/Dasher/GT/XC/6x47/..... for the .308 face and then make another barrel for one of the .223 face cartridges. That is what I am working on now (6GT and plain .223 Rem for me).

Go with a Zermatt Origin action, get both the .223 & .308 bolt face and set a 6BR/Dasher/GT/XC/6x47/..... for the .308 face and then make another barrel for one of the .223 face cartridges. That is what I am working on now (6GT and plain .223 Rem for me).
OP is wanting BDL bottom metal with internal mag box, that's the complication. Yeah a dbm with aics mags solves everything, he could run whatever he wants at that point. I think the smallest 6mm that's gonna feed reliable in that setup would be a 6x47 lapua. A gt MIGHT work for that, idk. I have a gt on an origin, just don't have an internal magazine box to try it in.

W-Blacktail I hope this makes it.

Attachments

• DSC00271.JPG
    DSC00271.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00273.JPG
    DSC00273.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 28
Block is .500 Alum. milled to fit back of
magazine box and screwed to it.
Flower SA I think is cut to fit (1.230??) and
a screw is added so flower so it will not come out. You may have to do some smoothing on the rails?? I built this thing a long time ago!!
Have fun!!

Block is .500 Alum. milled to fit back of
magazine box and screwed to it.
Flower SA I think is cut to fit (1.230??) and
a screw is added so flower so it will not come out. You may have to do some smoothing on the rails?? I built this thing a long time ago!!
Have fun!!
That is slick. Very helpful, thanks!!

Recent Posts