Best Gun safe?

Best piece of advice I can give you is do LOTS of research. The more you can educate yourself on how safes are constructed the better off you will be. When you start digging into how some of these things are made and all the smoke and mirror tricks they use to fluff up some of these things, it'll shock you how cheesy they are.

If you are looking for a decent size safe that is very secure and will be hard for someone to break into, be prepared to spend at least $3K and up. If you just want a safe that is mildly secure, there are lots of them out there for considerably less. Something else to consider, even the brands that make good quality secure safes have lower price point products so make sure you really study the specs and construction before you purchase one no matter what brand it is.

I would recommend Champion Safe. They use a piece of plate steel on the door rather than the thin gauge steel. Do a search on Youtube for how quick it is to break into most of them, particularly if they can be dropped onto their backs.

-David

Zanotti
Military use them, and they break down and are portable.
NONE BETTER !!

I have two of these and can't fault them. Where and how you locate them is more important than all the claims of fire protection and break in resistance.

DO NOT get any safe with the electronic lock. It's just a question of when they will fail, not if.

I thought about the saferoom but me getting stuck in there is a phobia

Other than quality, get one larger than you think you'll need. I know since I'm on my third.

Make sure it's tall enough also. We have a huge Champion and it's too short for long guns. Put a brake on a 30" tube and it gets tight real quick. Most of them you can't use the shelf above if you have any tubes over 26 with a brake on them.

For what it's worth, Liberty Safe is having a big sale on all of their safe's right now at least according to what I heard on the radio this afternoon.

It might well be worth looking into them.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.