Best caliber for hunting - WHAT?..........

Might want to think that thru a bit more. But I do understand what your fruetration but doubt you really want what your stating.

Based on your idea I guess that means vast majority traditional blackpowder hunters should be banned from hunting straight away?

How about everyone that shoots with basic iron site rifle like a lever action all with factory ammo. Why stop with rifles either, bows should have the same limits then as this is not about gun safety but what animal wounding or something to that effect ? A gut shot deer bullet or arrow is stipl a gut shot animal. So how many bow hunters can effectively hit a target say 30 yd 3x in 2in even 3in let alone 5x

So if you do not have a issue with these other firearms & weapons not having the same accuracy limits then why does it matter. There are plenty of consumer factory rifles that are not 1 moa guns. Now add to that your basic nonpremium factory hunting ammo. Much of that is not moa quality. Right there without counting any shooter skill you have a setup that will not hold to your requirements even if you had the skills of a prs or f class champ. We are a small segment if hunters:; most are not handloading, running custom barrels or premium factory bolt actions rifles or have $1k+ scopes. I can not tell, you how many deer I took as a kid with a 30-30. It might have been a 2 moa gun.

The second you would do something like that you have just opened a huge door nothing good.. It opens the door to new area of gov regulation and eventual banning it. It will become stricter and more restrictive every yr. They will attack a ever increasing payment to do the testing all permits will go up to further cover the costs. And yes without a doubt there will be testing you have to do to qualify.

Luckily we do not have a law in this country that restricts how we obtain our food in such a manner. Thus subsistiance trumps banning hunting or fishing. In fact it kept me fishing thru the draconian lockdowns of covid. It was for that very reason they could not stop you from fishing. I hunt first and foremost for food. I refuse to eat and feed my family the poisons most grocey stores and the food industry sell these days Outside varnmits or livestock predators I eat what I kill.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner.
Very well said sir